Oronogo 4-25 & 4-26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anyone has plans to dive Oronogo this weekend? I plan to be there both days.......

DW

Dives today were great! Did two dives, both to the Cabin Cruiser and getting used to new gear. Vis was low, but there were two BIG ow classes so that is to be expected. Both dives were about 25 minute run times, depths were 99 and 100'. Vis was about 10' on the first dive, and 5-7 on the second. Both dives were really nice, and the gear feels much more comfortable. The switch to steels was a good (and educational) switch. :)

DW

Awesome Darkwolf. We will most likely be trying out Oronogo in the next couple of months. Alas since I'm a newbie right out of OW certification I don't have any gear besides the very basics. So I have to rent everything. Also since its still a little cool I'm going to purchase a 7mm suit with hood and gloves.

Do you dive by yourself, also why did you switch to steel?

I dive solo at times, it just depends on circumstances. I switched to steel for several reasons: 1) Bigger tanks, 2)Get rid of the lead that I had to wear with double AL tanks, 3) Got a damned good deal on the tanks!!!!!

Hope that you can make it out to dive before long! What kind of gear are you looking at? I have several extra sets that I may part with for someone who is really wanting to dive. BC's, suits, etc. Let me know and we will see what we can work out.

DW

Really your brave. Why do you use two tanks, to stay under longer?

Do you have a size medium suits, and BC's? Might be interested in looking if they would fit me.

lespaul, yes I do have some gear in that size. Give me a call and we can see what we can work out for you.

DW

hey DW,
How was Sun. dives, 4/26 ? I was really hoping to get over there this weekend, to get my first official dives of the season in... however, once again, it didn't fall in my favor to do so. I am going into withdrawals! Have you ever done the "swim thru" in the shaft there? My brother, who is a dive buddy, is wanting to do it... I'm not to sure about it, and won't do it till I have done with some one who has experienced it before. John said its fairly easy but they don't advertise it...

When you go to the quarry you can walk out behind the dive shop and looking down at the blueish green water, you see a dark black/blue spot in the middle of the blue/green water close to the banks. That is, from my understanding, an old miine shaft that you can ascend/descend thru. And it opens up down below to open water, with no actual overhead environment, so no special certs. are required. It's also located on the quarry map as well, inside the dive shop. Im still new enough that I would prefer to do that with someone who has done it before.... there could be a scary monster down there!:confused:
Not that Iam scared of monsters... but my brother might be...:cool2:

Kyzzle, if we are thinking of the same swim through then yes I have done it. It is not a hard dive, but I think it would be best to do it with someone if you don't have a lot of experience. It is a fun dive, though.

The dives Sunday were great. The vis was a bit low, but helped out with a rescue class then did a fun dive with the instructor. Looking forward to my next weekend off so that I can make it down again!!!

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom