Orlando Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Q

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Aloha, we are coming to Orlando for DEMA and planning to have a dive day on 11/3. As we are coming from Maui, would love to dive wrecks. Can anyone recommend the best dives &/or operations in the area? I have seen a couple out of Daytona Beach. BTW, wish we could make it down to the keys, but only have one free day.

Mahalo, thanks.

Others will chime in on the best and close wrecks outside of Orlando. I can only give you advise on the Keys wrecks. Yep it's a good 5 hour drive from Orlando to the Keys maybe next time, but please stop by our booth 993 to say hi while at DEMA.

Good Diving,

As we are coming from Maui, would love to dive wrecks. Can anyone recommend the best dives &/or operations in the area? .........., but only have one free day.

Here are my recommendations. Others will have favorite boats and all of them are very good. In order of Closest to farthest from Orlando.

New Smyrna/Daytona - 90 minutes north - Sea Dogs, usually a couple of wreck dives to about 16 miles out, can hunt, viz is tough for photogs.

Jupiter - 2 hours south - Jupiter Dive Center or Emerald Dive Charters,,Big Big fish, lots of sharks, plenty of hunting. Definetely W/A for photogs, Wrecks, wrecks & more wrecks. My personal favorite!

West Palm Beach - 2hrs 15mins south - Too many OPs but I like Pura Vida & Narcosis, & Hypnautical(6pack). Fantastic photography location, great viz, nice soft corals, hunting not typically encouraged. Nice wreck system also.

Boynton/Lantana - 2hrs 30mins south - I like Dive Charters Inc and Starfish,,Great reef system for macro photogs, some very unusual finds on this reef section.

Boca - 2hrs 45mins south - Diversity boat is my choice here, Capt Tony is just about the best on putting you on what you ask him to see.

Pompano/FLL - 3 hrs south - Too many OPs and I'm not a frequent diver of these spots, but for hunting I like Capt Conrad on Miss Conduct(6pk), A mandatory/must stop visit has to be Fill Express to see what a fill station on steriods looks like.

Key Largo - 5 or 6hrs depending on traffic - So many great charters, but Capt Gary gets my vote. Lots of boats, but that doesn't mean you can just walk on a boat. Make reservations for all the boats.

Hope this helps.

Dive Quest is touristy, but worth the trip...if for no other reason to say that you did it...
I strongly recommend you consider the West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale area for the best wreck dives this time of year. Watch the weather or you'll end up riding 8 ft waves out to the dive site.
The best operator in this area is Parrot Island Scuba Adventures (on the web). Capt. Jerry does his best to accommodate his clients and tries to do all he can to give a good dive experience.

+1 for Parot Island.
+1 DiveQuest. If you call ahead and book an entire slot the cost is 1000 and averages 85 per diver.

I have also heard very very good things about SeaDog but i have never dove with them.

Im flying in in this morning to Orlando. Im hoping to take my son to Ginnie Springs on Friday. Tuesday of next week im doing a boat dive in Venice with Florida West. Then to DEMA. Im hoping to get some other dives in.
How far is it from Orlando to West Palm. We are staying in Orlando and will be leaving out of there to go diving. Kinda rules out the Keys.

About 2 hrs give or take. We have left in the morning at 8:00 am from my house in Sanford (N of Orlando) and made it to ft lauderdale (S of W Palm) and made a two tank dive and back to y house by 10pm. Its doable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom