LF solid AM freshwater dive near Orlando for Disney respite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decompressionable

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heya divers,

I'll be in orlando in September where I've been roped in to a family trip to Disney World for a couple days. We have a late flight out of Orlando on the final day and instead of going back into the park, I was hoping to steal away and get a dive in at one of Florida's famous freshwater holes. Does anyone have a good dive operation out of Orlando that provides full-bodied pickup service and transportation to a freshwater dive site near Orlando? I've heard there are a few really good options.

Diving the same day as flying? hmm...

Maybe skip a day seeing the rat and dive the day prior. Spend the final day in the rats kingdom so you won't have any DCS risk. Just my $0.02...

Diving the same day as flying? hmm...

Maybe skip a day seeing the rat and dive the day prior. Spend the final day in the rats kingdom so you won't have any DCS risk. Just my $0.02...

I had the same thought. The MINIMUM recommended interval between a single NDL dive and flying is 12 hrs. Even if your flight out were close to midnight, you'd have a tough time fitting a drive to the springs, dive, drive back, get to the airport to catch your flight and also ensure you have a minimum of 12 hrs between the end of your dive and flight departure. Technically, if your flight out is very late, it is doable, but practically speaking, that is a tall order.

EDIT ... HAD TO LOOK AT MY LOG BOOK. I drove from Orlando to Williston last Sept to catch Devil's Den and Blue Grotto. Devil's opens at 9 am and I believe the Grotto is similar. My first dive at DD was 9:47 to 10:47. My second dive at Blue Grotto was 12:06 to 1:04 pm. The drive, for me, was around 2.5 hrs I believe. So if you did just the one dive at either DD or Blue Grotto and if your flight out was after 11 pm, technically it is doable. Personally, I'd never try to fit all of that in in a day when the family was also involved. YMMV.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom