Orlando area dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobG

Reaction score
I am new to the Orlando area and just recently passed my NAUI scuba diver and NITROX while in the military. I am so glad that I found this site. I have been just sucking up all of the info that I can.

Can some of the Orlando gang point out some of the dive shops to use or avoid in town. I live near Ocoee but I work in Winter Park so a dive to find a good shop will be OK with me.

Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Rob

Hey Rob...

Welcome! I got my NAUI and NITROX cert @ ScubQuest on O.B.T. (Orange Blossom Trail). It's immediately south of Sand Lake Rd. These guys are fantastic. Very knowledgeable and fairly priced. They've got a nice inventory of gear and their service department is top notch. Highly recommended and worth checking out. PM me and I'll hook you up with the phone number if you'd like.

marc

in Orlando. Try Kevin Gonzals Scuba Diversions 407-332-1222. Diver's Outlet 407-363-9531, or check yellow pages or web search.

markyv:
ScubaQuest: 407-851-6677

Thanks. I stopped by the one near the Florida Mall today. The guys were nice and friendly in the begining. I felt a little uncomfortable when we started talking about gear and prices.

I am just getting into this sport and don't want to spend thousands of dollars to get into water. When I asked about regulators they seemed to be pushing the top end ones. One gentleman gave real smart a** remarks when I asked about the lower priced ones that they were selling, like "It's your decision on how much money to spend on a device that your life depends on."

They seemed to have some good prices on a few things, but everything I looked at I was first handed the most expensive fins, mask, snorkel,... you get the picture.

May be this was just a bad day, so I will give them another chance next week.

Rob

What is the going rate for NITROX in Orlando?

Scuba Quest was $9 for an individual fill and $8 if you bought a 20 card fill.

metaldector:
Cost me about $6.00 a fill for a AL80.

Currious, where are you get $6 EAN fills? How are the filling, partial pressure? Is the rate different for 95's

Thanks.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom