Oriskany tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All 3 of the certs are seperate. But it makes sense to take them together.
Advanced Nitrox teaches you how to use O2 up to 100%. Which you can do alone, but isn't that useful.
Deco can be taught without advanced nitrox, but isn't that useful. But put the two together, and they compliment each other and you get good use out of it.
Now that you are going deeper and spending time there, go ahead and add some helium and make it a better dive. You are learning all about the gasses and what they do, and what they do to you. Doesn't take much to learn about the Helium part as well.

Personally I only did AN/DP because the people I was diving with at the time only used that. Nobody used Helium. Later I progressed to a rebreather, got new friends who were also on rebreathers, and suddenly I was behind for not having any Helium training. Had to learn all my Helium on a rebreather. That works, but I feel it would have been smoother with some up front OC Helium training prior.

Add Helitrox to AN/DP if you can. Highly recommended. That gets you up to 35% helium down to 150ft. Even if you don’t dive Helitrox much it’s good to have the option.
I just got off the phone with my instr., per your suggestion I will now be doing AN & Helitrox. I like options, the more the better.

Anyone know why the magical cutoff of 35% with a Helitrox cert? I'm ignorant.
If a shop has EAN32 (NOAA Nitrox 1) banked, then a mix of 35% He and 65% EAN32 will yield a normoxic Helitrox mix (Tri-Mix) consisting of mix of FO2 = 0.208 = 20.8%, FHe = 0.35 = 35.0%, and FN2 = 0.442 = 44.2%.

So, this is an easy mix for a shop to prepare (if the shop has an EAN32 cascade bank).

Maybe it's as simple as this.

rx7diver

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom