Organizing a Straits trip - 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Steve, thanks for spearheading this. Jitka is the operator out of wi and is top notch. Hung out with her a little this summer. Not a lot of boats up there. The big blue boat from straits scuba maybe could accommodate more divers. I would think the DNY group would want more than a long weekend. On the other hand we could stop in the thumb area on route and play in bonecrushers back yard.

No! 2 in the straits...one off of Port Sanilac

I wonder if I have your recovered Turtle fin off of Port Sanilac then??? A year or two ago a diver friend gave me a turtle fin that they found out of Port Sanilac while diving. They didn't dive turtles and saw that I did and thought I could use it as a spare.... Haven't had a need for it yet... But, I have it just in case! :D

Try Straits Scuba. They operate out of St. Ignace, so they are always there and know the sites. The Rec Diver is a 42 foot steel boat and can carry larger groups. They also have a six pack, the Intrepid. Get your air fills right at the dock. August is a good time. we usually go mid-July and mid-August. You can get blown out, but August is about as good a time as any. St. Ignace has a fireworks show every Saturday night and some other events, like the Fish Feast. stop in at Bentley's for good pasties or meatloaf and great pie, usually five or six kinds each day

If you go with Straits Scuba, the Driftwood Motel is right accross the street form the boat. They serve breakfest before the dive and for those who may want to relive the day of diving over a cold beer, they serve that as well. Its also a great location to sight see from. Its one of my personal favorites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom