Ordered Light from LDS. Two months later still hasn't arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadude223

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Two months ago I ordered a Back up Light from LDS. I still have not received it. Every time I call they say it's on the way. I have Pre-Paid for it. The light is coming from the U.S. And I'm in Canada.

Is two months to long to wait for a common scuba item. They won't give me my money back and they never call. What can I do.

I don't know the forum rules regarding this sort of thing, but, if allowed, you could post the name, address, and phone number of the LDS, so the rest of us can avoid suffering the same fate. Again, check the rules before doing so. There might be a better way of achieving the same outcome.

What are your options, besides waiting? Shops can say they do not give refunds, but that does not necessarily mean it is true. Even with a return for store credit, you should be able to find something and end your dealings with that LDS. Unless they are cooperative in bringing this deal to a satisfactory end, I would look to cost them more than any profit they could make from that light.

You know, this is just one side of the story.
If this weren't under this forum topic with its special rules, I'd say what I really think.

pay with a credit card and dispute the charge .. simple.. I would not be concerned about it.

Is two months to long to wait for a common scuba item. They won't give me my money back and they never call. What can I do.

If this was not a scuba item, what would you do? If the service is this poor waiting on a new purchase...what do you think the service will be like if you have a problem with the item. Poor customer service is not a scuba only problem and does not need special rules to resolve. Treat it like any other undelivered purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to call you back. Best to call/email them.

Question: did they give you a tracking number for the package?

Is 2 months an unreasonable amount of time for delivery? Maybe... Depending on where it's being shipped from in the US and where you are in Canada, how it's being shipped, customs etc... it could easily take 2 months. However, assuming I did not have a tracking number, the 2 month mark is when I'd be calling them asking for some info.

Good luck!

Can't speak for the US/Canada but in UK law you have entered into a contract for the supply of goods. You have fulfilled your side of the deal by paying the agreed price, they have yet to fulfil their part of the contract by delivering the goods.

Did you complete an order form? If so then it should have t's &c's of the sale included. If (as is far more common) you didn't then it becomes an arguments as to what is reasonable. Email them and ask politely to confirm a date by which you will be able to take possession of the goods. If they don't supply the goods by the date they stipulate then it would be a breach of the contract of sale.

Unfortunately in the Uk that would mean a small claims court visit which is often more hassle than it's worth.

As mentioned if you paid by Credit Card call your issuer and let them deal with it.

I ordered a DiveRite BX-1

Prepaid for it.

Dive vs shop has ignored me as a customer. Taken my money and won't help me.

one of the employees thinks it's fine to wait two months.

very upset with them,

Told me it was at the border but the owner was to Jetlagged to go get it
Told me it was just going to be a week

They just keep making excuses and are saying there are no refunds.
They have also said that they have to charge me for shipping as well.

I I already paid for it now they want more cash.

Back
Top Bottom