Review Orcatorch D700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Cindy with Odepro was kind enough to send me an @OrcaTorch D700 for review. By some crazy coincidence this arrived abou 2 hours before I went on a dive trip so I am getting this out really quick!
Box came, high quality carrying case which I will probably never use, but nice to have for a lot of divers. USB-C charging cable *slick!*

1650202963164.png

Wanted to get both batteries charged up so put one on the USB-C cable since the included 21700 batteries have a USB-C slot to charge them directly which is really nice, and the other went into the Nitecore. Showing low internal resistance which is indicative of fresh cells. Will run them through a charge/discharge test later, but was quite happy with initial results.

Downside to all of these lights is the included accessories are all but useless, so the included wrist lanyard goes straight in the trash and a bolt snap is attached.
1650203154727.png

I used this last night in an Oxycheq sock *hint hint Orcatorch, start knocking this sock off as it's the only one that is worth using. This light will ultimately be relegated to backup light duty for my cave diving, and while I prefer buttons to twists for primary lights duty in OW, I do prefer twisties for backup lights since they are less prone to getting accidentally turned on. I used it as a primary last night with @jlouder and it was hanging out with a Dive Rite LX20+ and performed quite admirably. Not quite as bright but you can't expect it to be on a single 21700 vs 4x 18650's. I appreciate that they say "max 1700 lumens" which is still probably a little high and it definitely falls off during the burn but is probably a true 1000 lumen during the burn which is quite bright and did not disappoint. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for twisty backup lights. I would probably spend the extra for the D710 to get the push button if you are using this as a primary light to get the multiple output options, battery indicator, and ease of use in a light sock but if you are looking for a twisty backup light for your harness, this one is hard to beat.

Attachments

• 1650203086153.png
    1650203086153.png
    675.5 KB · Views: 103
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom