New Arrival, OrcaTorch DC710 USB-Type C Direct Charging Dive Light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcaTorch

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear friends :cool:

We are excited to introduce OrcaTorch new DC710 USB-Type C direct charging scuba dive light, which comes with a 1/4-inch threaded hole, and support installation with a handle bracket, allowing you to keep your hands free while diving underwater.

OrcaTorch DC710 Direct Charge Dive Light.jpg

If you're a scuba diver who does not want to remove the battery to charge and loves to charge the dive light using a cable via the type-c port directly, then this is the torch for you.

It is max 3,000 lumens and has 4 dive light mode adjustments allowing you to freely adjust the light to explore the different underwater environments.

Welcome to learn more about it on our American dealer website Scuba.com - OrcaTorch DC710

Attachments

• OrcaTorch DC710-2.jpg
    OrcaTorch DC710-2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 40
  • OrcaTorch DC710-3.jpg
    OrcaTorch DC710-3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
  • OrcaTorch DC710-1.jpg
    OrcaTorch DC710-1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 37
  • OrcaTorch DC710.jpg
    OrcaTorch DC710.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 39
I bought one about a month ago, not able to dive it yet
IMG_8771.jpeg
IMG_8772.jpeg
IMG_8773.jpeg
IMG_8774.jpeg
IMG_8776.jpeg

its very bright, maybe a little brighter than my D710 ~ I do like the concept and it’s just slightly longer than the regular D710. I do have a general comment on the kit though, the spare 3 o-rings are apparently for the normal cap one uses to remove the battery, no spares for the charging cover? Are they the same?

One or more specs is grossly in error. 3000 lm, 6 deg beam, and 27500 Cd do not jive. Taken pairwise as true:
  • 3000 lm, 6 deg: 348k Cd
  • 3000 lm, 27500 Cd: 21 deg
  • 6 deg, 27500 Cd: 237 lm
I wonder which have actually been tested?

@lexvil can you quantify the beam angle for us if you have a chance?

One or more specs is grossly in error. 3000 lm, 6 deg beam, and 27500 Cd do not jive. Taken pairwise as true:

Pretty typical I'm afraid. At least they've gotten away from advertising consistent lumens.

I’m not really spec nit picky I look for a light like this to be reliable and bright enough but I come from a time with giant 8 D cell lights with butter yellow beams, love me some white LED light, usually never run one at full brightness. Here is an indoor shot of a DC 710 on the left and a D710 which will tell us just about nothing.
IMG_8810.jpeg

Here is an indoor shot of a DC 710 on the left and a D710 which will tell us just about nothing.View attachment 814725

That's not true.... tells us spackling is not your strong suit!:p

Edit: cool light. Is the battery still user replaceable?

Edit2: nevermind... I was too distracted by the spackle to see the battery in the other pic!

That's not true.... tells us spackling is not your strong suit!:p

Edit: cool light. Is the battery still user replaceable?

Edit2: nevermind... I was too distracted by the spackle to see the battery in the other pic!
That’s deliberate “don’t care about the shop” industrial look. I need to put in a drop ceiling to help keep it warm in there this time of year but no rush, it’s been doing ok for 25 years.

That’s deliberate “don’t care about the shop” industrial look. I need to put in a drop ceiling to help keep it warm in there this time of year but no rush, it’s been doing ok for 25 years.
I'm just messing with you... truth be told I have an unfinished house. When this economy went to crap my wife and I made the decision to put a hold on house projects (some of which are grossly unfinished) and enjoy doing stuff with the kids while they still like us. We can raise kids in an ok house, we can't get time back.

So I have a kitchen that's part way remodeled and other odds and ends. Is what it is for now.

Back
Top Bottom