OPTX 20/20 Stick-On Bifocals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up some of these after reading about something like this on here. Here is the link for what I got. Here

I basically wanted to check the proof of concept for them. I lost one today when my mask dropped into the water off my head. But on the first dive they worked great. Now I'm going to have my watcher maker (who is also a diver) glue them in with what is used for gluing magnifiers onto watch crystals.

Hi TN: I'd appreciate your following up on gluing them in; what glue? and did it work? I really like the stick on bi-focals. However, I found they tend to un-stick after a while. Let us know your results please.
Dr Mark

I use them also, I have found that one side is indeed flat, the flat side is hard to see but it's there. Also I install them using very hot water, they seem to seal better. But I also am interested in the glue.

Hi TN: I'd appreciate your following up on gluing them in; what glue? and did it work? I really like the stick on bi-focals. However, I found they tend to un-stick after a while. Let us know your results please.
Dr Mark

Well, I ended up punting and buying a mask with readers built in. The price was right ($39) and I haven't looked back. I have been very happy with the reader mask. I attempted to glue them in at the LDS, the glue HE had was so thick I couldn't do anything with them. I loved the way they worked, I just couldn't get it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom