DIR- Generic Optimal necklace length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_diver

Registered
Reaction score
When my necklace bungie is too long, the second stage interferes with the drysuit inflation button. It also causes the long hose to get caught up on the backup reg when doing a S-drill.

When the necklace bungie is too short, my chin activates the purge button when I look down.

Is there a shortcut to finding the best length? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask the internet.

Don't worry you'll get there

I made an intricate temporary test rig out of skinny bungee with slip knots

Eventually

When my necklace bungie is too long, the second stage interferes with the drysuit inflation button. It also causes the long hose to get caught up on the backup reg when doing a S-drill.

When the necklace bungie is too short, my chin activates the purge button when I look down.

Is there a shortcut to finding the best length? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask the internet.
dive with a bit extra bungee on one dive, and then as your diving just pull the bungee through the zip tie a few times and tie an overhead knot until it feels right.

dive with a bit extra bungee on one dive, and then as your diving just pull the bungee through the zip tie a few times and tie an overhead knot until it feels right.
I throw my hood on and tie the necklace so that it sits under my chin that way, but this method is certainly more clever.

Short enough so the reg can be retrieved without hands. Chin on the purge button close.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom