Opinions on this Zeagle pony package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Any opinions on this set up from Scuba Toys?
Zeagle Razor Regulator, Octos, Zeagle, Zeagle Razor Regulator

I like because its the complete package and I dont have to screw around with trying to get an Octo and 1st stage seperate.

Anyone know how the Zeagles breathe? and about that first stage setup on this thing?
The price looks pretty good I think.
I can get a setup locally from my LDS though with an Aqualung Titan LX I believe with X Bracket and 30cft bottle for like $477 I believe. Plus I have a $40 off gift cert. Just trying to figure if there is a plus or minus to either setup.
Im looking for something easy to sling I guess. I use my friends tanks and have a latch tank band so the bracket system prob isnt the best choice

I have the same setup on a 19Cuf tank and it works great. Scubatoys can also sell you standard filling station adapter if you don't want to fill it with the transfiller from your main tank.

I too am just looking at getting a pony. I was thinking going with a standard pony and an extra Zeagle Envoy that I have. I like the flexability of taking 3 sets of regs for my wife and I when we go to the caribbean.

If it is like other Zeagle regs you shouldn't have any problems.

Not being able to take the reg off the tank would be a big drawback to me.

1) If reg is always on tank it will get banged around in a trunk/truck bed.
2)Not possible to switch the reg underwater in case of an emergency. Not exactly a common procedure but nice to have the option.
3)Cant use it on a rental tank

I guess for being portable its nice. I didnt think about ease of maintaining/repair/filling with the 1st stage like this.

I almost bought the Zeagle Razor setup because its compactness appealed to me. Then someone raised the point that you can't switch regs if the one on the Razor goes south, and the tiny valve knob is very hard to operate with gloves. That killed it for me. I decided on a traditional setup and like the idea that there are no special parts and I can switch regs as I please. I ended up getting a DIN first stage on my pony and it's almost as compact as the Razor.

Have you check out Bottle Buddy, we make 2 pony mounts, they are both main tank mounts that allow you to securely switch your pony over in a second.
Just a thought!
Money is hard to earn spend it wisely!
Thanks,
CaptainCoops

thanks for the advertising bit :wink:

Anyway I got a steal on another ScubaPro S550 and MK14 I believe DIN and just got a new 30cft pony. Got a set of Super Pony tamers for $20, I couldnt pass it up. Total deal was like $250 said and done.
I like the first stage how it swivels. Makes it mount a little nicer then my MK17 in Yoke.

Back
Top Bottom