Opinions on ScubaPro Mk25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 20 and the 25 are essentially functionality identical and 90 percent the same stage.

The MK-2 is a simple unbalanced blow by piston. The 20/25 is a flow through piston that will flow incredible amounts of air.

That said, the simple MK-2 will still flow a ton of air. Merely kill, not overkill. I use the MK-2 on stage/safety bottles with a balanced Deep 6 first. Breathes great till the bottle is near empty.

no wonder why the MK20 is a lot more than the MK10.
I found one but the swivel. Another points to chance of leak?

upload_2019-8-22_14-29-58.png

The first two numbers in the serial number are the year of manufacture.

The MK20 and MK25 are basically the same regulator...the MK20 has a more involved way of adjusting the IP, the MK25 has an external and easier way of setting the IP....all parts are interchangable between the regs. You can take an early MK20 and add parts from a later MK25. That said, to really know what kind of reg you have in your hand...you need to open it up to see what is in it.

As for the excellent MK2, they are a very simple and very reliable reg....but...not meant to be the highest performing reg as it is not balanced. A popular reg for stage/deco/bailout bottles. I'm sure others can comment further.

IMHO, age and condition are not the same...it depends on how well the reg has been cared for during its life. Some, have been rebuilt with new parts and perform like new. So, once you get one...make sure you send it to a reputable and trustworthy service center [or learn up and service yourself].

Back
Top Bottom