Opinions on ScubaPro Mk25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the MK25, but love my 1st and 2nd generation MK20s, although due to my switch to diving rebreathers, I am now down to 9 MK20s.
On the rebreathers I use the MK17s (not the EVO abortion) instead of the Apeks DS4 and variants that almost all the RB manufacturers love.

Scubapro regs have treated me well for over 30 years.

Michael

I absolutely love mine! It's a workhorse and breaths like a dream, be it cold or warm water, shallow or deep.

I had 3 MK25/S620Ti for cold water tech dives/wrecks in DK as well as some serious cave diving in Mexico.

The airline lost them, but they are so good I bought the same again right away.

I love them, and as many people said, they are one of the best, if not the best. Can be serviced nearly everywhere and trust me, they withstand a lot of rough handling. I am doing about 50 dives a month, not being nicest to them and they still breathe like new.

I have only one freeflow in 3deg water with the EVO (environmentally sealed) version.

I like just "sipping" the gas - not having my tonsils cleaned by some other brands :-D These are great for this purpose. Regardless if you are at 5m or 45m deep.

But buy better dust caps :-D

I had 3 MK25/S620Ti for cold water tech dives/wrecks in DK as well as some serious cave diving in Mexico.

The airline lost them, but they are so good I bought the same again right away.

I love them, and as many people said, they are one of the best, if not the best. Can be serviced nearly everywhere and trust me, they withstand a lot of rough handling. I am doing about 50 dives a month, not being nicest to them and they still breathe like new.

I have only one freeflow in 3deg water with the EVO (environmentally sealed) version.

I like just "sipping" the gas - not having my tonsils cleaned by some other brands :-D These are great for this purpose. Regardless if you are at 5m or 45m deep.

But buy better dust caps :-D

I didn't know you could environmentally seal a MK25?

Apologies, what I said was not precise. The EVO range (with blue coating) has better protection against cold water:
Scubapro Evo Upgrades

It's true that if you can get even some dirt inside when you crawl through caves, but personally I never had any similar issue.

I like the MK25, but love my 1st and 2nd generation MK20s, although due to my switch to diving rebreathers, I am now down to 9 MK20s.
On the rebreathers I use the MK17s (not the EVO abortion) instead of the Apeks DS4 and variants that almost all the RB manufacturers love.

Scubapro regs have treated me well for over 30 years.

Michael

What’s wrong with the EVO version of the MK-17?

Picked one up on Craigslist at a bargain price, got it serviced, and it seems to perform very well thus far.

Curious to know everyone's thoughts on the Mk25.

I love them that is all i use i have perhaps a 1/2 dozen.

the mk20s are practically the same reg. either will do you very well.

what makes you say that?
also, does this mean soaking in fresh water after a dive it is probably not a good option?
my reg cap is not water proof. it is a dust cover. the covers are not like the old days when it came with a spare tank oring in it that o ring made it water tight. if you have this type of cover look for one that is water tight or is a ball shaped ro a yoke reg. din regs are hard to find water tight covers also. What I have found is that the dust cover is usually missing the o-ring and you can buy one and be in good shape ....... a bit of caustion with tight covers if yo have a ai xmitter and you put it on tight ,, you may turn on your xmitter and have a dead battery a day or so later. let it vent for a while after rinsing.

this cover needs an o ring

21U2QnZwNPL.jpg

this cover is its own oring the rounded bottom side taper fits in the reg the right side is the yoke screw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1yB0JOS5iiC97UrcDQ3wDMdoGJTLQ8-hRlzMcDpkcz82gWF73FQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom