Opinions on ScubaPro Mk25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, post up pics of the regs you bought so we can identify the 2nd stages, list the price you paid, and we will get to see how gosh darn lucky you were :)

I started on a bargain basement IST hunk of junk...found out the hard way...talked to some veterans in the diving world...and went the Scubapro route :) I have never looked back.

I started with an MK25/S555 and loved it...I tec dove MK25s with S600 and R395....now I sidemount dive with MK20s and S600s....I have an MK20UL, MK14, R380, R390....I love Scubapro...and service them all myself :)

You did strike gold!

Position/Angle of the 2nd LP Port is suboptimal for use on a rebreather. This is a case where Scubapro made it right the first time around and then unmade it right with the EVO version.

Michael

Which is the 2nd LP port in your opinion? I use the bottom LP port for my primary and one immediately above for OC. I have both versions. Is the new pos/ang a subtle change?

This is a cap I use on my yoke 25, I think these came from a mk10 I have a few in the shop so I use them, the thing I like about the ball over the cap is the better seal and it seals on the inner part of the nipple so when you soak and rinse it gets the salt off of the nipple which is prone to corrosion.
2C2BD1D0-CCD7-4776-BC3C-0C8147828BE0.jpeg

Apeks uses a ball type so the should be available, the rubber type that atomic and deep 6 use are good for sealing while soaking but you have to take an extra step to clean the nipple, it no more complicated than holding you thumb over the nipple while flushing with fresh water.
AE2FEF11-5BEA-4859-A250-6124574C3CA8.jpeg
C23ED802-4EF2-40C1-A9F8-29A6DC51AB91.jpeg

These are the ambient chamber holes, you want to flush this area well to keep Daly and sand from scoring and corroding the internal area of the chamber.

A MK20 was my first reg purchased in 1998. Of all the other regs I have it would probably still be the last to go, either that or my MK 5, that would be a very tough decision.
How long do those regs last?
With proper maintenance and lubing/servicing, 10,000 dives, 50,000 dives or more? Who knows.
More dives than I’ll ever do in my lifetime that’s for sure. I’m a long time piston fan. Simple and reliable.
As long as a heavy handed tech doesn’t hack it up they should be fine. I sometimes wonder if they do that to help speed up the lifespan to get you to buy new stuff.

My fave for soaking?
A #4 rubber flask stopper from a scientific supply house (NOT the cheap Chinese ones from Amazon).
Honk that sucker down with the yoke knob and soak away!

Hi Guys,
I see that MK25 is a good 1st stage after reading through this thread. How about MK2 and MK20? Also, may I ask if age matter? Some looks clean and new, but some looks really classic and roton up, and I don't know is there is any model/serial number to tell when it was made.
Can someone input more into this area?
Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom