opinions on scubacat (& other) IDC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks rachel

since you seem to be a sort of local (location = ch-am?) can you suggest what time of the year has the best conditions? (eg - dec-feb can be "ordinary" at the breat barrier reef, due to cyclones, stingers, etc)

Pwl, I'm actually a very long way from Phuket (sadly) and our weather system is different.
However, it would seem the best times to visit are from Dec to March. This is also high season (esp. over Xmas and Chinese New Year etc) so prices are higher.

You might find this link useful: Phuket Weather Forecasts, Thailand Climate and Seasons
It has some weather data there.

Rachel

I see that the original post was quite some time ago but just wanted to add that i was just at the Phuket IE this weekend (14-Dec-2009) and there was a large group there from Scubacat. I used another shop but the Scubacat folks were all very professional and they seemed to be well trained. I think the IE candidates from Scubacat were all successful. You should give them a look as well as the other shops (there are 20 Course Directors in Phiket) and all seem excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom