Opinions on Phi Phi overnight trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another dive shop operator based in phuket in this same thread also stated "As for the coral, I was just at Phi Phi today, and there is quite a lot bleaching." You say a little and she says a lot ?

Based on averages I tend to believe them not you, it seems like you're sugarcoating reality or just in denial.

Ok I'll explain my remark regarding coral bleaching there.

There is some bleaching, especially inside the bays, where there is hardly any diving done. But the divesites have remained largely unaffected, especially the best divesites like the Bida islands, shark point, anemone reef, king cruiser.

Another dive shop operator based in phuket in this same thread also stated "As for the coral, I was just at Phi Phi today, and there is quite a lot bleaching." You say a little and she says a lot ?

Based on averages I tend to believe them not you, it seems like you're sugarcoating reality or just in denial.

Perhaps you would like to start your own thread on coral bleaching, rather than hijacking this one? Just a suggestion...

It does not seem to me that a discussion of coral bleaching on Phi Phi is off topic or "thread hijacking" in a thread about "Opinions on a Dive Trip to Phi Phi...."

After all, these forums are not really designed to be only for dive centers to market their business. There is a designated forum called "Marketplace" as I recall, for marketing.

Most of us realize there is a trade off between an individual's desire to promote their livelihood and the open discussion of topics that could adversely effect that same livelihood.

From the customer perspective, it does get a bit tiring to read constant marketing from a few, not all, DC operators who often will say just about anything to protect their livelihood.

Personally, I prefer to get "opinions" from real customers and not constant marketing and indirect or direct self-promotion.

On the other hand, DCs who are objective, honest and respectful toward customers keep them coming back. Diving is more about people than the color of coral, if you ask me!

OBTW, yesterday I spoke with two DCs on Koh Tao about conditions there, and both honestly advised that the visibility has not been so good lately and advised I look to September, since I live in Thailand. That honesty was much appreciated and wins me as a customer. Thank you!

It does not seem to me that a discussion of coral bleaching on Phi Phi is off topic or "thread hijacking" in a thread about "Opinions on a Dive Trip to Phi Phi...."

After all, these forums are not really designed to be only for dive centers to market their business. There is a designated forum called "Marketplace" as I recall, for marketing.

Most of us realize there is a trade off between an individual's desire to promote their livelihood and the open discussion of topics that could adversely effect that same livelihood.

From the customer perspective, it does get a bit tiring to read constant marketing from a few, not all, DC operators who often will say just about anything to protect their livelihood.

Personally, I prefer to get "opinions" from real customers and not constant marketing and indirect or direct self-promotion.

On the other hand, DCs who are objective, honest and respectful toward customers keep them coming back. Diving is more about people than the color of coral, if you ask me!

OBTW, yesterday I spoke with two DCs on Koh Tao about conditions there, and both honestly advised that the visibility has not been so good lately and advised I look to September, since I live in Thailand. That honesty was much appreciated and wins me as a customer. Thank you!

Blah blah blah.

I posted this thread in the Thailand forum because Phi Phi is in Thailand. If I am ever selling something I will make sure I put it in the Marketplace forum.

Here is my original post as it seems you didn't even read it:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Im thinking of doing the Phi Phi overnight trip in a couple of weeks, was wondering if anyone here has done it and what they thought of the trip overall (dives, accomodation, trip in general)?

And I see many DC's offer the trip, is there any differance between booking through one particular shop? IE, would they send their own DM with me, and their gear, or does the boat provide all that?

Thanks heaps for any input!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note I asked for information about dives, accomodation and the trip in general? Please notice at no point did I invite random musings about unnamed marine biologists, DC's in Koh Toa you are impressed with, or coral bleaching.

So YES, you have hijacked the thread. So please, pretty please with sugar on top, can you go bore the **** out of someone elses thread???

How am I hijacking, I'm responding to another post about divesite conditions on ko phi phi ? Maybe you should learn to read properly, its hardly deviating from the topic of discussion here.

ps. With an attitude like that don't expect too many people to help you out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom