opinions on oceanic delta II/alpha regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

I am considering buying an oceanic PX2 regulator with a delta-II 2st stage, alpha octopus, that is 2-4 years old.

(btw, thanks everyone for all the great info on the scuba-pro mk2 reg, it was very helpful).

Does this reg have a good reputation? what do people like / not like about it? Does oceanic have a good reputation with regulators?

Obviously people's opinions are different, I just wanted to hear a few of them. I'll be diving in 54-59 degree water, 0-100 feet, no cave diving.

thanks in advance,
Scott

"I am considering buying an oceanic delta II regulator with an alpha 2st stage, that is 2-4 years old."

The Delta II and Alpha are both second stages. Which are you using as your primary and what's the first stage?

Both the Delta II and Alpha are superb breathers with excellent reputations. The PX2 is a good balanced piston design. However, it's unsealed, so you might not want to spend too much time in water below 55 degrees or so.

scottfiji:
Hello,

I am considering buying an oceanic PX2 regulator with a delta-II 2st stage, alpha octopus, that is 2-4 years old.

(btw, thanks everyone for all the great info on the scuba-pro mk2 reg, it was very helpful).

Does this reg have a good reputation? what do people like / not like about it? Does oceanic have a good reputation with regulators?

Obviously people's opinions are different, I just wanted to hear a few of them. I'll be diving in 54-59 degree water, 0-100 feet, no cave diving.

I have two Delta ll's that have served me well for years. Both are on DX4 First Stages, one with an Alpha lV and one with an Omega ll Safe Second or Octo. or Backup or whatever you choose to call it. They are all good breathers and I've never had a problem with any of them. I know the PX2 is supposed to be a solid performer but I've always preferred Diaphram first stages. For the diving conditions you describe they should do very well.
SkyChi

The reg is a great breather. nice thing about the delta is that it is the kind of adjustable that can be adjusted to give zero breathin effort! Yes thats right sportsfans, if you have the knob all the way open you can have it feed the air to you. (It doesn't stop mind you unless you close the knob slightly. Even then the resistance is next to nothing. Great choice. Try to see if you can get the service stillunder warranty.
The temperature is nothing to worry about. 55 is the recommended temperature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom