opinions on communication units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.P.,
I'll try to keep an open mind and listen to what is there, but I do agree with the previous post in that we should get as much information as possible, as soon as possible.

Most Dema attendees will no doubt be as sceptical as I am now, I guess we'll have to just wait huh? Too bad there isn't anyone here in the southwest (THE HEART OF THE RECREATIONAL DIVING COMMUNITY!) that has a demo pair before then huh...

One thing is for sure J.P. Dema's gonna be fun this year!

Mario :D

JP,
I'd like to see your comm unit.
Do you know your booth # yet?
See you at DEMA
Rick

Thanks Rick, Our booth number is 3805 this year. I really look forward to meeting alot of the Scuba Board supporters. I really think 99% of the people will be shocked to hear it work so well. They are looking at this as a kid's toy...We will have alot of fun as we always do when showing the Scuba Voice to NEW listeners. I'm J.P. and look forward to meeting you.

JP, you still have not let us in on the challenge! What gives? $100,000.00?

Also, I took you up on the "Look for us in Rodale's soon for the Scuba Lab test reports" and talked to Jon Hardy! I guess their is no report? I think you know why!

In any event, I would like to try the units out and will attend DEMA 2001. But more importantly, I want to know the challenge as well as I am sure others want to know?

I never thought a little device like ours would stirr up so many people. As far as you talking to Jon Hardy I don't know because I have on film him, Loraine, and two other testers using Scuba Voice and talking back and forth for almost an hour. I also have a fax with the results and I can't wait to get these out...Now if you are trying to imply that I or Scuba Voice is a fake...$%^&**#@. That is why I want to meet people who doubt us because they are our best customers. When I dive with a non believer and they hear me say " Hey how are you ? I guess you can't hear me because you think it does not work" and they give me the double OK sign. Guess what they heard 99.9% of everything I said. I just got off the phone with King Neptune and he is getting several things from me. I will be in New Orleans before DEMA and I will have ALL the details on the challange. It is very basic...we prove that it works the way we say it does. Like I have said before many times. The Scuba Voice is for the Sport Diver who does not want to spend thousands to talk. Or for the instructor who wants to be able to talk to a student..I guess every instructor can afford to outfit the entire class with electronic comm units. Thanks for being so interested in Scuba Voice and the ability to speek underwater for little money.
J.P.

Guys,
I don't know what's going on here, but this thread has more traffic on it than any other on this board. Since this is the hot topic, I think that J.P. should deliver on his promises and give us the info he so clearly baited us with. What's the deal J.P. are you going to give us some details here or just string us along with empty promises?

Mario, I am with you. JP shot off his mouth and talked about a challenge. He won't give out any details because their is none! OR - he will come up with something creative that no one can win.

If you want to see product that works, and is affordable, has range, check out the OTS equipment (www.oceantechnologysystems.com).

I think this link is just about coming to a end. I am kind of getting tired of listening to the bull. See you in a different link.

I'm feeling like there's a proverbial carrot being dangled in front of my nose... It's funny how much
dollar.gif
motivates people isn't it?

All I can say, is that after all this, if it turns out to be a load of B.S...
pyth.gif
if you know what I mean!

Mario
biggthumpup.gif

OK guys, it is very simple. The owner of Scuba Voice told me today that all the challange is ...we prove it works to anyone who has the ability to hear sound (can't be deaf) underwater. As I told King Neptune yesterday all interested will see us at DEMA. I ask that you quit being mad thinking that it is a fake, and be there at DEMA. We will be there in full force. As for those who already are looking for dependable communication for buddy to buddy come see us. Thanks again and can't wait till DEMA. J.P.

At least I'm running my business around the fact that I intend to be there. I'm up to the challenge!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom