opinions on communication units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree guys. I try to be cival but when someone spouts off I'm ready for the draw. I now more than ever know how good our product is because I just made a sell that is huge. I have been working hard getting ready for DEMA and training new buyer's, so I have not had time to be on the board. I have told everyone I will be at DEMA about 50 times so why is everyone still crying about me running away. At this point I am done on this thread, I asked for simple opinions and someone made it a fight. Yes I get defensive but I have a damn good reason for it,...Scuba Voice is doing really well and we have lots of very happy customers. King and Mario, you guys do a really great job with this site, so keep watching over it and keep the peace. I look forward to meeting "some" of the scuba board members and especially dive with them...Thank you all and see ya at DEMA.

Dear King Neptune and all

I have been catching up on this thread with much interest. I have just returned from very first dives (and was instantly addicted) and allow myself to put in my $0.02 on the subject of communications under water: I liked the absence of human gabbling. That may however change as I continue to dive.

As to the SIG Sauer - do you know that they will probably not make it any more? SIG just sold off/closed down the weapons factory in Neuhausen / Switzerland last year and so a chapter of weaponry history is closed. SIG will be concentrating on packaging machinery in the future, all in the name of shareholder value..... I happen to know all this cuz I live just around the corner from the SIG factory....lot of folk in our village out of work, too, as a result of the factory close down....

gozumutti

Thank's for the info Gozumutti...I own 2 sigs and think they are one of the best guns I have. I guess all the political crap has lots of gun manufacters packing shop...what a shame. Hows the diving in your area? And I agree when I first started diving I would have never been caught dead wanting to talk underwater, but now it makes my diving more fun and really helps with a group, especially when filming stuff, now I can explain my dive while diving and the tapes are even better now. Remember diving is best when shared with someone so have fun and get wet every chance you get. Let us know about your local area. Thank's J.P.

Gozumutti, JP ....

SIGARMS INC. was established by SIG (Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft) of Neuhausen, Switzerland to manufacture and to market SIG SAUER firearms in North America. During the succeeding years, SIGARMS has grown into a state-of-the-art facility located in Exeter, New Hampshire. Swiss Arms (formally SIG Arms AG), Sauer, Blaser, Hämmerli and Mauser are five long established, European companies united in a corporate partnership.

The firearms produced by this family of companies are designed and built to satisfy a wide range of needs - military, law enforcement, security agencies, individual self-defense, hunting and competition. Their strongest and target market has always been the military and law enforcement, which is obvious by their prices. Basically, they closed that plant because their largest buyer is still the US Military and Law Enforcement and it make good business sense to move operations here.

(Maybe I shouldn't have told everyone this, If everyone thinks they are going out of business I could have bought the world finest for pennies on the dollar, heheh)

=-)

Dear King Neptune, JP and all

King Neptune, I did not realize that SIG had actually moved and will continue to manufacture their arms. A piece of history is gone for the locals here (along with their jobs), but nothing is forever, they say....I am glad to know that a classic is not dead, however.

JP, I cannot tell you much about the local diving, except that there is river diving in the Rhine. It does not appeal to me, the Rhine being cold, gloomy, slimy, and fast-moving, and so not exactly the thing for a neophyte (me). There is also altitude diving in the alpine lakes, which I will look into as I progress in learning to dive. For the moment, I am happy to pop into a plane down to the Red Sea and dive in warm comfort :)

Lake Constance is also a Mecca for European divers, and my husband and I have plans to check into possibilities there as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

As an aside, it seems interesting, philosophically speaking, to discuss arms in a thread dealing with communications, ....sorry, all, for the digression:)

gozumutti

Am I missing something here? All I keep asking for is for JP to let us in on the Challenge. Remember, the one he started out with $10,000.00 then upped to $100.000.00!

JP, don't get mad at me :fury: or call me childish. I am just a customer who came across a link that offered a challenge. Either give us the details or recant your challenge. No one ever said you were not making sales. I have seen your DEMO tape and you can pick some words out even if your not reading the sub-captions :idea:. I am sure some divers will be perfectly happy with those results. Glad to hear your doing so good. I will be happy to try one at DEMA and I will be pool side most of the time.

:tease: NOW - could you enlighten us with your generous challenge?

P.S. I for one like the people on this site and enjoy spending time reading and corresponding. It seems like this link is the only one I am having problems with.

Also, how can you not be childish with all these cool animated faces to torment your victim with? :whoa:

I am packing for New Orleans today, I leave in the morning and so we will talk at DEMA. I have a load of people to get in the water with Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so you will have to get the details at the show. Thank's for all the info and replys to make this topic hot. My boss will let you in on the details at the show. Sorry if I seemed mad, I'm not just busy as hell and on the road all the time. Hope to meet you all at the show. Have fun and be safe traveling to New Orleans...Thank's J.P. w/ SCUBA VOICE.

Ok, so what's the scoop? Anyone who went to DEMA want to share what the challenge was and how did the equipment work?

Jen,
I was there and I'll be talking about the SCOOP very soon! There was some mighty interesting surprises in store for us all at Dema. I for one was very entertained!

I had stated a few things about DEMA but I guess I made a few people mad again. I want to say one thing...I had the time of my life showing and proving my product. I had the chance to meet so many people and also got to meet Mario and the King. The Scuba Source Network kicked butt and has even more people looking at it, as with MY product. Once again someone else has replyed to this thread as an ad...So I decided to edit it. I talked alot about a new mask Kirby Morgan has out for the sport diver but I guess I'm advertising for them also oops. I guess we can't state names of gear anymore...All I want to say is this is a great board and if someone does not like a thread... stay off of it. That is what makes the hits go up. As far as advertising on the board that is between King and I. He knows how to contact me. As I said before I edited this I will be gone for awhile and hope to post the places I go so others know about the diving and the amenities of several destinations. I bet some people again will say I'm advertising! All I want to say is DEMA was a blast and now more than ever communication underwater is here to stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom