opinions on communication units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if this post will make it by the censor or not, but here goes anyway.

How much longer is this advertising campaign of JPs gonna go on.

Myself, I am personally offended by it. If I want to hear about how good a product is, I will ask for unbiased revues. Not from the CEO or Director of Advertising and Marketing of a product.

This subject has gone on for 6 pages and count em over 1300 views. He accomplished exactly what he set out to do and not even spent a dime for the advertising. Pretty sharp marketing.

This forum is for diver discussions not for advertising.
IMHO if you want to advertise here, spend the money and become a sponsor. Not sneak in and out of the back door, with the tricks of your trade.

Don

I agree, Pond Buddy. I stopped reading this thread several pages back. It's kinda like the flamers, they don't care what you have to respond, just that you said anything at all is their purpose! I only checked it today to see if any results of the so called proof was forth coming.

I'll not waste my time on this one any longer!

The challange was made and only one guy came forward....he backed out at the dive shop pool. As I have stated many times this thread was not started as an ad...some of you made it that way. I will say it has helped but the way I see it anyone who is against it should not reply...I now more than ever love the fact people use all types of communication gear, they start off with a low end and keep moving up to the high dollar ones. I read lots of other post and it all is a form of advertising....split fins? regs? where to go dive? What about this? and what about that? Looking at all the gear seen at DEMA and lets not forget about the Scuba Board and dive destinations, it all is here to be sold. Some of you hate this and some of you love it. I started a thread as a question and over 7 pages it turned into a big debate... Underwater Communication is here to stay and no matter if they use SCUBA VOICE, Dive Link, OTS, or whatever they buy it because they want to express something to someone else. I'm sorry some of you are mad but as I learned the hard way, you can't make everyone else happy all the time. Thank's for the replys to my thread and supporting the board.
J.P.

JP,
There is a difference, I am not profiting from any of my post, can you say that, and from what came in the mail, you knew what you were doing the minute you posted it.
End of conversation, will not contribute to this anymore.

Don

My final opinion on communication devices can be found by checking out this LINK It's a first hand account of my first experience with both Underwater Communications and Full Face Masks.

Hi JP,

Reguardless of the rude things thrown at you earlier, what happened with ScubaVoice?? I spoke with you on the phone a few times over the past 3 years, but nothing yet. My group and myself would really like to get one. And from what you've said, our store wants to sell it. I want to know because for one thing, our group is going to Galapagos Islands in June.

If you guys don't want to talk, that's fine, don't talk. For that price, it certainly can't hurt to have one. On my first dive drip(Roatan, Honduras) I had a reverse block. NO signals could convey this. I tried telling my instructor by giving the equalizing symbol. He said "yes, so let's go up". I tried to say that "no, the pressure is outward". He said, "no, stick together" - he thought I was saying to split up. I was running out of air, so he drug me to the surface. Well that was one hell of a way to end a dive... They had to drag me onto the boat, and remove all my gear, etc. I was blind for about 1/2 hour, my ears were ringing, I had a migraine, and I had difficulty breathing. Afterwards I couldn't even make it up to our room(we were staying in the "Main House" which was up on a hill). I had to stay outside, laying on the ground partway up. At the end of the week I got to face the airplane. I didn't finish equalizing until 3/4 of the way back to Dallas, just before the decent.

If you look at my profile, I was 11 at the time... (3 years ago)
Thanks for your time,
Josh

Folks,

I use Ocean Technology Systems equipment professionally. It is reliable, and very effective. I have both the hard-wire units for PSD work, and the military through-water systems. I have used their Buddy Phone systems as well. The clarity on them is amazing.

If you have a need for underwater comm systems, these, in my opinion, are THE best people to talk to:

Try: www.oceantechnologysystems.com

and ask for John Hott!

Now it's 2015 and I'm still interested in the Scuba Voice Ranger device. It's for casual use so I'm not really interested in the expensive electronic stuff unless the prices come down quite a bit.

Found something called the AquaVox that retailed for $100 long ago but they are no longer marketing this device. Is JP still on ScubaBoard.com?

Not since 2001...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom