Opinions on Atomic accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have decided to get away from ScubaPro and give atomics a try. I have a used M1/Z1octo set coming. Does anyone have any idea about the value of the (Swivel hose) ? I'm sure the one I'm getting is coming with straight hoses. Said they were all rebuilt and been dove for over a year. How about New Atomic mouthpieces supposedly pretty sweet.

I'm really stoked about this the Atomic dealers seem more eager to assist folks than the SP dealers in this area.

I always used the 90 degree elbow on my MK 20s and I also have a never Dove MK10+ Chrome Balanced adjustable that i'll be getting rid of. Any interest PM me please.

DDOWN :eyebrow:

DDown, when I first tried the B2 (standard w/ the swivel), I was perfectly prepared to hate it. I had used swivels a long time ago, and hated the way it flopped around, always ending up in the "wrong" position.

The Atomic swivel has been done right. It has a limited travel, so it's just like using a straight hose, and it "hardens up" when pressurized so it doesn't flop. And it's perfect to take the strain off your jaw.

As for the mouthpiece, I had been using Sea-cure mouthpieces before the B2s, and somehow I'm still using the stock Atomic mouthpiece. It really is comfy...probably a bit of contribution from the swivel, too.

It's perfect for me.

All the best, James

I've heard pros and cons on the swivel thats why I'm asking

THanks for your input

I've got the B2. I used to have to grab the swivel and straighten a few times a dive. I recently changed to a SeaCure mouthpiece and don't think the swivel has bothered me anymore. The Atomic mouthpiece is pretty good, but I still like the SeaCure better.

Both my wife and I have the Atomic B2 with swivel and we love them. Great regs and the swivel and mouth piece are great. My wife has TMJ and before the B2 used a comfo bite mouthpiece to keep the jaw fatigue in line. With the swivel and the Atomic mouthpiece she has been very happy (she did mention the atomic mouthpiece is a little bigger than the comfo bite but idid not bother her jaw).

some people will criticize the swivel, but like anything else if it is erviced properly it will not fail. The only problem is that it is not always serviced. Some people neglect the swivel. Others just don't know better. I would go ahead and grab one if you like.

Back
Top Bottom