Opinion needed..which regulator set to keep..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One consideration is the atomic regs are expensive to service and have a smaller network.

The funniest part, to me, is that they're both piston regs....

Thanks all for the insights and comments, so I was told by some LDS that the MK2 need to be in use constantly to be bulletproof, if not the piston may fail to work (if dive only twice a year). For the Atomic B2, the problem may not happen when it is left unused. I am not too sure if the claims are true or they are just pushing the sale of the more expensive B2. Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Add this to the list of dive shop bloopers. Nothing like a salesman to explain regulator function!

Add this to the list of dive shop bloopers. Nothing like a salesman to explain regulator function!

I've become very cynical in my old age and never trust anything anyone tells me if they are also trying to sell me something. Bull**** seems to flow thick and fast when money's involved.

Back
Top Bottom