Opening for one on the Flower Gardens trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These facts are directly quoted from paperwork sent to me....

• We notify the shops at 12:00PM the day of departure as to go or no go, based on the Seas and NOAA buoys. they should call you around noon. If not, call them.
  • Boarding begins at 9:00 P.M. SHARP, the night before your trip date. we depart after the signing of releases and our boat briefing. We will return around 7:00 P.M.the last day of the trip. {That's Friday night, Aug. 9th}
  • Bring your C-Card or we can't let you dive.
  • Bring gloves for ascent and descent lines.
  • Dive computers, rent one from your local shop if you don't have your own. Otherwise you will be diving tables, and will not get in as many dives as the others will.
  • Night dives. Must have a main light, and a small backup light. Must have a tank light, either a cylume stick or battery powered. No strobe lights.
  • No fishing allowed.
  • No coolers allowed, unless agreed to in advance, such as spear fishing at a rig on the way in.
  • Bring all dive gear, including weights. Lights for night dive.
  • We supply all cylinders, and do not have room for any extras. Pony bottles up to 40 cft. O.K.
  • Bring warm clothes for evenings, swim suit and good attitude.
  • We supply wash cloths, towels, linen, bedding and pillows.

We will count on leaving after a phone call is made to dertermine go-no go. I'll catch the Hardy on the North side and go East side instead of taking the long way around.

Thanks Dee for the info. I'll need a phone number and a dock location when ever you can send it.

Leaving Freeport at 7:30pm after a long boat ride..... puts us back in Dallas at OMG:30. LOOOOOONG day.

TwoBit

I'll be posting a map to the dock soon along with phone numbers et al.

One more thing. If I remember right we also had to show we were current DAN members. That's a little hazy, but I'm pretty sure Harold wrote down our DAN member numbers along with our c-card cert level and numbers when we did our sign in.

Being a DAN member isn't one of the requirements in the FAQ's but it's very highly recommended. I'm sure there's a place on the release for your DAN info

My brain's still having a hard time recovering from where I took it back in the 80s.

Here's a link for anyone who doesn't have dive insurance yet. DAN

Back
Top Bottom