Opening for one on the Flower Gardens trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As per our e-mail exchange....I'm holding the spot for ya!

Checked the schedule this mornin and looks like a beautiful weekend of diving the Flower Gardens is now in store.

Is there anyone from the DFW area going down on Friday and Back Sunday that would be interested in sharing the ride?

I am excited to get the chance to meet all of ya'll and really looking forward to the trip.

Best Regards,

Bill

Tom Vyles, Ken (ScubaTexan), and myself are going and we live in the D/FW area and were planning on carpooling down.

Check with Tom about a spot in his suburban since he's driving.

I am planning on taking the day off on Friday so we can leave plenty early to make it there. I can carry four comfortably and gear. Gas would be really cheep if we get all four. For the trip back I will need someone who will guarantee staying awake to talk to me. I know Mike is out of the question. He falls asleep as soon as the tires start rolling. You are more than welcome to make the fourth rider.

Tom

You changed your name! We had a terrier when I was a kid named TwoBit.....good name!

I'm in for the cheap ride. I can't garantee I will stay awake the entire time, but I will definitely make sure to stay awake when you need me to. If you have room and are coming back on Sunday night that would work out fine. I am trying to miss as little work on Friday and none on Monday if possible.

What time are you wanting to leave Friday?

How did you change your name? I'm tired of being Bill!!!!!!

Originally posted by TwoBitTxn
I know Mike is out of the question. He falls asleep as soon as the tires start rolling.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

But if you put me in the back seat with 'Dre, I can stay up between Baton Rouge and Shreveport.

Bill,

I just sent a PM to tech admin with my request. I can't recall when the loading call is on the boat. Consider it a minimum of a 6hr drive so I really want to leave Dallas before noon. I'd rather not hit Houston on a Friday at 5pm.

All,

Yes I changed my name. My last name is extremely unusual and I kinda decided it wasn't a good idea to tell the world when I'm going to be out of town and make it easy to look me up.

TwoBit

Last year when I went out on the Rinn boats, boarding call was 9:00-ish (be on dock beforehand though). We departed DFW around 12:30 and had enough time to drive the long way around Loop 8, get lost headed S.W. of houston, figure out where we needed to be, and still have dinner in Freeport before we needed to be at the dock.

Well if are leaving around noonish, then I am definitely in for the ride share. I just need to make sure I can get a couple hours of work in before we leave. (but who knows that Friday might not be a bad time to take a day off)

Bill

Back
Top Bottom