Opening for one on the Flower Gardens trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello fellow Swampsters!

As you all know, my wife will soon be a new diver and GRANDMOTHER, (I will just be papa T.) Since I hope to get in some premium time with both grandson (yes, we know) and new diving buddy, I'm putting up my spot in August for the Trip to the Gardens. So here's your chance, scuba dude or dudette, and consider the deposit just a gift from me!

Reminder to all of you that haven't yet paid in full..... July is the due date!

Thanks,

tony

August is a great time to go to the Gardens. What weekend are you guys going? I'm out for much of the month, but I might be able to squeeze in a trip.

Could you give me some details?

It wouldn't be near time ofthe spawning, would it?

August 9-11th. Its a little early for the spawn. The full moon is the 22nd. Its on the Sea Searcher II. There is a tread on the Texas section that has all the detail or Dee will show up and fill in my gaps.

Tom

"Sea Searcher", eh? I'm not familiar with the boat, but I'll ask around. I've always gone on the Fling or Spree.

Too bad about the full moon coming so late. That will put the spawn around the 30th (or 27th?). I can't recall if it's the 7th or the 9th night after the August moon.

I don't think the 9th will work for me, since I'll just be getting back from Florida. (My wife has her limits, ya know.).

Good luck with the trip. I sounds like fun. I LOVE the Gardens, especially in August. Let me know if you guys see any Whale Sharks. Rub a manta for me.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the original thread about the trip...TSDT Flower Gardens

The main difference in the Sea Searcher and the Rinn operation is the number of divers. The SS boat is the same size as the Rinn boats but Harold only takes 16 divers instead of the 34 that Rinn does. Also the SS doesn't have Nitrox but that's never been a problem.

Dee,

Is there a waiting list or are there openings available for the trip?

Needless to say, I'm really lookimg forward to the trip.

Thanks for your good efforts.

Larry

I've got a very short waiting list with folks wanting 2, 4 or more spots. Most of them contacting me through the Sea Searcher site, want confirmation now and not on a waiting list.

I'm really hoping we don't have any cancellations!

When would a person need to leave and be able to return from the DFW area for this trip. Sounds like fun if there ends up being room for a single.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom