open water hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
Most importantly, please don't take a long-hose configuration into open water without first having gone through, and practiced, a few dry-land OOA exchanges. They're different than what you learned in OW, and there are a couple of easily-avoided "gotchya" situations you need to be aware of.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Thanks Bob, I hadn't thought this part through. I'm buying some equipment in hopes of using it before I go back into training, I'd thought I would get the training, so no worries, of course there's open water before training.
I've really got to work on this spacing stuff. Doesn't seem that I do it when I'm near the water, but this sitting at the computer asking questions finds my brain pretty lazy and causes me concern for when I physically prepare to dive.
Oh, and I take it that you're the one who removed the first draft to my last post too. Thanks.

Tom

Soggy:
Check out

www.extreme-exposure.com
www.5thd-x.com

for all your DIR needs.

well, let's say most of your DIR needs. however, their pricing ain't for the faint of heart and the halcyon pricing is carried over to completely generic items like hoses. you can do much better without having to look hard: tech-blue.com sells them for $30 i believe, scubatoys.com for $34, lp for $35.

docmartin:
well, let's say most of your DIR needs. however, their pricing ain't for the faint of heart and the halcyon pricing is carried over to completely generic items like hoses. you can do much better without having to look hard: tech-blue.com sells them for $30 i believe, scubatoys.com for $34, lp for $35.

Agreed. To be honest, the only thing I've bought from either of those places are a set of SS burst disk shims from EE. But, if you want Halcyon equipment, and don't have a local shop or a 'contact,' they are the best places to get stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom