Open water delay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dotyj, when you say that the dive shop was in the "Health Experience," do you mean the Health Experience Althletic Club ("HEAC")? HEAC filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in August of 2002. That's a business reorganization, which means the company continues to operate. However, some of the operations may be shut down. That was the only bankruptcy matching "Health Experience" in the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington.

Additionally, HEAC requested permission to divide an 8-acre parcel of land located at SE 164th Avenue and sell half of it to third parties. The Court entered an order allowing the sale. If the dive shop was on that parcel of land, I'm not surprised to see the shop close. Unless the purchase agreement provided that all FF&E (furnishings, fixtures and equipment) were part of the deal, HEAC should have cleared out the shop. So there's a good chance your equipment is still around, assuming that HEAC is the right shop.

If so, here are the name and the contact information for HEAC's bankruptcy attorney:

Timothy J. Dack
105 W Evergreen Blvd #223
PO Box 61645
Vancouver, WA 98666-1645
(360) 694-4227

If you call him, make it clear that equipment you OWNED was in the shop. It makes a big difference. Offer to provide receipts or other proof of ownership.

The bankruptcy case number is 02-47566-PBS. You can call the bankruptcy court at (253) 593-6310.

Good luck.

You rock.

That's great info.

Yeah, the dive shop was inside the Health Experience on 164thth. just south of Mill Plain.

Thanks for the info. I'll get right on it.

AzAtty once bubbled...
Dotyj, when you say that the dive shop was in the "Health Experience," do you mean the Health Experience Althletic Club ("HEAC")? HEAC filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in August of 2002. That's a business reorganization, which means the company continues to operate. However, some of the operations may be shut down. That was the only bankruptcy matching "Health Experience" in the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington.

Just goes to show that lawyers are omniscient and we actually do good things. Worship us. Except for Lawman--musn't worship the trolls. Kidding...kidding...

Seriously, though, it sorta helps when you do this sort of thing for a living and have instant access to every document filed in every bankruptcy court in the country. Happy to help out.

I was going to suggest that you call PADI and tell them that one of their authorized agencies took your money and closed. Maybe with a little arm twisting they might get you to another shop at no charge.

AzAtty once bubbled...
Just goes to show that lawyers are omniscient and we actually do good things. Worship us. Except for Lawman--musn't worship the trolls. Kidding...kidding...

Seriously, though, it sorta helps when you do this sort of thing for a living and have instant access to every document filed in every bankruptcy court in the country. Happy to help out.
That was really nice of you!

AzAtty once bubbled...

You've reaffirmed my faith in humanity for the day & is was very kind of you to take your time to look into this! I would just throw in - start writing letters to the lawyers, state attorney general, stating the gear on site, proof of ownership (receipts or warranty cards if you have them). May also consider consumer affairs, agencies like that. A couple of the TV stations here have local human interest segments (like when a local bridal shop pulled a similar stunt), you many want to consider contacting them, as I'm sure others have gear in & not know of the closure.

And Jim - don't give up. Just another minor setback & that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Hope you're all over the flu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom