Open water class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabudie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in the LBTS area during the July 4th weekend. I would like to get my 12 year old certified while we are there. It will be more enjoyable in the warmer water than in the North East where we dive with the thicker wetsuits. Any suggestions on which shop/instructors are comfortable/willing to work with children. My son is a straight A student and a premier athlete in Soccer and Baseball. He has been swimming since he was 2. Thank you in advance for any of your suggestions.

Last edited:
there are two shops in lauderdale by the sea, Florida..gold coast scuba and deep blue divers.i'm sure one of them can meet your needs.

I would call Gold Coast and talk to Steve.. I'd recommend Brian as a good instructor.

let me amend that... do the classroom & pool work up there where you are... and get a referral to bring to them for the OW diving.. they do 5 dives for OW.. .4 boat and 1 shore since so much shore diving around here.

LBTS is Lauderdale by the Sea- I have been there multiple times and always had a great experience. I like Gold Coast Scuba and Pampano Dive Shop. Steve is very knowledgeable. I have not talked with any of the other shops. Thank you for your responses. Just seeing if anyone has any experience with the instructors / more specifically with children.

Are you interested in a specific cert.? Naui, Padi, SSI.. etc? I know a private NAUI instructor whom I highly recommend. PM me for info..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom