Open water certification in Pattaya?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drvngcrzy, check your PM inbox. I've got an email address of a guy currently in Afghanistan who is coming back to Thailand for some diving and dive training. He may be able to give your friend some perspective.

I have a friend that is in Iraq that plans on taking his vacation to Pattaya, Thailand. He is interested in getting his Open water certification while there.

I have started to see that Pattaya is not ideal, probably even less so for OW cert, so is there a location close to Pattaya that would be better for him?

Any recommendations for Dive shops, locations, hotels, and anything else would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Drvngcrzy

Pattaya is a great place to do open water diver training.
So many times I hear from people how they did their open water in the Maldives or Fiji and then every dive after in other locations was a disappointment, the water was not clear enough not enough fish that kind of thing.
I did my diver training in a muddy reservoir London it was awful visibility and freezing water the most exiting thing I saw was a shopping trolly and a bicycle frame LOL, but I loved every minute of it and have appreciated every dive in warmer clearer water since :)

Pattaya is not in the top 10 dive locations in the world but is an ideal training ground for all levels of PADI training, ask your friend to come and check us out when they get here or take a look at our web page and sent us an email directly :)

Last edited:
Hi Drvngcrzy

Pattaya is a great place to do open water diver training.
So many times I hear from people how they did their open water in the Maldives or Fiji and then every dive after in other locations was a disappointment, the water was not clear enough not enough fish that kind of thing.
I did my diver training in a muddy reservoir London it was awful visibility and freezing water the most exiting thing I saw was a shopping trolly and a bicycle frame LOL, but I loved every minute of it and have appreciated every dive in warmer clearer water since :)

Pattaya is not in the top 10 dive locations in the world but is an ideal training ground for all levels of PADI training, ask your friend to come and check us out when they get here or take a look at our web page and sent us an email directly :)

If all you have dived is a muddy reservoir, no wonder you think pattaya diving is good.
You really need to get out and about a bit more. :)

If all you have dived is a muddy reservoir, no wonder you think pattaya diving is good.
You really need to get out and about a bit more. :)

I have lived and worked as a PADI Dive Instructor in
Utilla Honduras for 1 year
Miami South Beach and Florida Keys for 6 months
Sharm & Dahab in Red Sea, Egypt 18 months
Hawaii Oahu and big Island for 2 years
And now Pattaya Thailand for the last 8 years and I still find interesting things like seamoths, seahorses and other small but curious sea creatures on almost every dive at Koh Sak I really like diving there, too bad your slanderous drivel has fallen flat on it's face once again.

I have been a PADI pro since 1996 I have been diving for 26 years since was 14 years old and dived on every continent in almost every condition and environment.

I have a HSE part 1 commercial divers licence too and have worked in all different kinds of underwater work and activities.

could you be more wrong LOL

Oh yes about my pools and class rooms LOL what a vindictive ignorant sourpuss you are :)

I have dived all over the world, I have considerably more diving experience than you ever will, just give up your sour grapes campaign against Pattaya dive centres it makes you come across as demented :-(

Thats a very impressive CV I must say.
Feel free and continue diving at Koh sak and leave the good places to the rest of us. It must rate amongst the worst dive sites I have visited.

Thats a very impressive CV I must say.
Feel free and continue diving at Koh sak and leave the good places to the rest of us. It must rate amongst the worst dive sites I have visited.

I am going diving in koh sak today would you like to come :)
Or are you going to sit at home like a stick in the mud writing your peevish comments all day :-(

I am going diving in koh sak today would you like to come :)
Or are you going to sit at home like a stick in the mud writing your peevish comments all day :-(

I will pass on the offer of the dive thanks, must have dived there at least 30 times over the years and still think its crap.
Rather late to be going diving isn't it? still on the internet at 9:00 am, most respectable shops have long gone by now. Or maybe the dive schedule is planned around your drinking habits?
Enjoy your afternoons diving. :D

I will pass on the offer of the dive thanks, must have dived there at least 30 times over the years and still think its crap.
Rather late to be going diving isn't it? still on the internet at 9:00 am, most respectable shops have long gone by now. Or maybe the dive schedule is planned around your drinking habits?
Enjoy your afternoons diving. :D

You must be lying about diving with us or else you would know we leave at 10am you have been found out you big liar LOL :)

You must be lying about diving with us or else you would know we leave at 10am you have been found out you big liar LOL :)

And here speaks the man who was diving at koh sak today, the boat leaves at 10:00 and he is still posting on the forum at 12:32.
Its hardly surprising you get complaints about being late back if you still haven't left???

And here speaks the man who was diving at koh sak today, the boat leaves at 10:00 and he is still posting on the forum at 12:32.
Its hardly surprising you get complaints about being late back if you still haven't left???

I was referring to the dive centre as a whole was diving in Koh Sak today Leaving at 10am. I would have gone if you had come. I thought we could have a nice dive together and I would show you some sea-moths and sea-horses over the sand at Koh Sak and maybe turn you around on the issue :)

As you so ungraciously declined my invitation, I decided to stay on shore today we sent the boat out at 10am as per normal.

There is always tomorrow.....

come on LK come out for a nice day with us at turtle bay free of charge!

Stop living in the past, forgive and forget is always the best way forward :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom