Open Letter to SCUBABOARD Members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell me how you do it, please. You won't have to kill me then, will you?
:)

Orlando Eric:
Next time ya'll can stay here! - - I'll make my award winning Beef Brisket... slow and low on the Brinkman over hickory wood.

Randy- BBQ is part Artistry, Part Alchemy part Voo Doo. - - I could not just type up how to do it and it come out right anymore than someone could read about how to become a master Japanese swordsmith then hammer out a Katana.

We are talking about years of experience standing over the firebox and feeling the temperature. The smell of the smoke. The smell of the beef, the sounds of the fire all of these things tell the PitMaster what he needs to do. Add a water pan when it is getting too dry in the box, or to choke the fire or stoke it. Then there is the voodoo stuff that is just too secret to tell you. I'll give up one though.

Toss a whole dried chilli pepper into the fire box and let it smolder with the fumes passing into the smoker this adds a tang to the brisket that is hard to discern. I started that practice as a offering to the gods of heat and spice and noticed the taste.

The things you can do with beer and the can it comes in.... I am just not going to tell you.

I think I need to go hug my smoker.....

ERic

Eric, why must you torture me so? Do you enjoy that? No wait, don't answer that question, obviously you enjoyed that very much!!! :)

No kidding, I could smell the smoke while reading your tortuous account of how to change brisket into delicious morsels of goodness.

So, Eric, when are you cooking for us Conchs???:wink:

damn...... now my mouth is watering!!!!!

Sounds like it is time to set up another Conch dive party. Hmmmm. Where to go and when. I need a little notice to get work set, but other than that I'm in.

Mmmm BBQ Brisket.

hey, February 19 would be sweet for me... i can dive with you guys that Saturday
and then head for Key Largo for Sunday diving...

when will you guys know if the 19th is on for sure?

So is everyone up for the Aquazoo? There are other options of course there are many wrecks in the Pompano area that I am sure many have not seen since the hurricane.

I am voting for a nice easy Aquazoo dive. So the men can see what we missed on the chick dive from way back.

Opinions? - recomendations?

Eric

13 now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom