oops zeagle mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedCash02

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a zeagle brigade late last summer from scubatoys (ranger harness, escape bladder) and just noticed that one of the quick disconnects for the shoulder straps must have been sewn in backwards. I'll do my best to explain this because I don't feel like taking a picture of this petty matter haha. No matter what I do it has a 180 degree twist in the nylon strap that attaches to the vest down at the cumberbund. I could simply put the connector in backwards but that makes it too hard to shorten the length of the shoulders. I also can't rethread the connector because the one end is sewn to the cumberbund and the other has a small plastic d-ring sewn on. Unless I'm just missing something, I dont see a solution.

After about 20 dives, I just noticed when I was checking my equipment to go diving this weekend and thought I'd share. It obviously hasnt bothered me yet, but I think this should earn me the upgrade to the ranger bladder :eyebrow: .

Speaking of that... I haven't really seen the bladders for sale on the internet, does anyone know where to buy them? I'm not looking for this year, but maybe next year I'll move into more advanced diving and want a bladder that can take double tanks, and then buy the zeagle backplate so I have plenty of options for my equipment.

Shouldn't you have just contacted them directly? In any case, it is probably less of a hassle to just fix it locally or personally unless you weren't planning to dive for several weeks anyway.

i just noticed it tonight and no place reasonably close to columbus supplies zeagle

I just thought I'd point it out because I was looking at my equipment thought oh damn that's twisted so I tried like 6 times to fix it. Sort of like an idiot test, and I failed. :)

I own a Zeagle Ranger and found out when i took it in for service that it had a lifetime warranty you might check with your dive shop about it. i got my bladder for 5.00 (shipping) direct from zeagle

I'm thinkin I see one of THE Zeagle's on here every so often. maybe they'll see this.

Red, don't worry!

I'll bet ya that Scott Zeagle will see this in the next day or so and contact you directly with a resolution to the situation.

the K

I'll PM both Larry from Scubatoys and Scott Zeagle to come take a look at this thread.

I'll take a picture of it tonight when I get off work. I'll do my best to get the black strap to contrast with the black vest behind it. I'd hate to send it back right now and be stuck doing some dives on a rental because now I'm spoiled after wearing it (and the whole poor college student bit). If it comes down to it I may send it and my aeris regs to scubatoys (yeah, I got the package deal) for service at the end of the season since I've heard they offer free parts on regs if you buy them from there and get them serviced there. Unfortunately that may push the scheduled yearly service over a month late. Are people pretty strict about those guidelines?

I may have an answer. It is quite possible (been there- done that) for you to reverse the quick release by accident. Basically, you get a slight overlap of the strap material in the quick release when adjusting it at an angle rather that straight on. After a few in and out adjustments the overlap kind of walks over itself until it is again flat and straight but 180 out. What you have to do to correct the problem is to pull the strap in the middle of the quick release to get several inches of slack forming a U over the quick release's center area. On both sides of the loop where it passes through the quick release, you have fold the strap on itself and work it over it's self until it is again flat. It does not matter which way you go as long as you are consistant on both sides. This can be a bit difficult as you are working with 2 layers of strap in a slot that is designed for only 1. You can then pull the strap back into the quick release. I have had this happen to me a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom