Only two HP ports????????? two transmitters and one SPG any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't tell you how insulted I get when my buddy asks me how much air I have left..... right up till I run out. If it were me, I would get a couple of Galileo Sols with buddy check feature, a couple of hockey pucks for backup, and a couple of brass and glass gauges for pressure backup. That should be enough toys for you for a while without introducing any failure points. When you need more toys, buy a rebreather or 2.

By getting your wife the same dive PC that would allow her to monitor your gas as well - Quid pro quo

I'd be very interested in my wife's response if I told her I'm buying her a new dive PC (of my choosing) and putting a second transmitter in her 1st stage so I can monitor her pressure - something tells me she'd have a different opinion on where I can put that transmitter :D

Reactions: Jax
I can't tell you how insulted I get when my buddy asks me how much air I have left..... right up till I run out. If it were me, I would get a couple of Galileo Sols with buddy check feature, a couple of hockey pucks for backup, and a couple of brass and glass gauges for pressure backup. That should be enough toys for you for a while without introducing any failure points. When you need more toys, buy a rebreather or 2.

Wait . . . when have you seen my gear? :shocked:

:giggle: :joke:

Wait . . . when have you seen my gear? :shocked:

:giggle: :joke:

Only in your avatars, but I don't think that's the gear you may be talking about. Rrrrrrrrrr..... :wink:

Reactions: Jax
I wish I could afford to buy expensive computers like that. I'd stick with my SPG, Bottom timer, and Basic Nitrox computer and spend the extra cash on a couple liveaboard trips on the Spree. And why would you want to make her first stage look like a Christmas tree with multiple failure points, and more things to get broken off by DM's and boat crews that will not keep their hands off your gear? I also wonder if the signals from each transmitter would interfere with each other?

snip here.... Any solutions?....snip there.....

Thank you for your time,
Chris

Why yes,

J Valve

P.s. Did your wife give you that handle? :D
(Don't mind me, I'm just poking fun.)

By getting your wife the same dive PC that would allow her to monitor your gas as well - Quid pro quo

I'd be very interested in my wife's response if I told her I'm buying her a new dive PC (of my choosing) and putting a second transmitter in her 1st stage so I can monitor her pressure - something tells me she'd have a different opinion on where I can put that transmitter :D

I agree with this. gotair?, have you talked to your wife about this? I know I wouldn't really appreciate somebody buying me their choice of computer so they can monitor my gas supply whenever they want. If they want to know, they can ask me. Now if somebody told me beforehand that they were thinking about buying me the same computer they had and that we'd both be able to know at a glance where the other person's gas supply was compared to ours, I'd be more receptive to this. To me, you being able to monitor her gas supply comes off as "I don't trust you" but if she can see your supply at the same time, that's a "bonus feature".

I'd go with getting a second Sol, then you only need to buy 1 transmitter and nobody's going to get offended. If you get a different computer and an extra transmitter, though, here's something else to consider: Who's gas consumption is better? If it's her's, maybe YOUR first stage should have the second transmitter on it, not her's.

Gotair...hey, you ask the question. As others have said, that is the last modification I would want to do to my GF's equipment because I am quite certain that her interpretation would not be what I had i mind.

For the same reason I do not offer vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, etc to my GF at XMas and birthday.

Since you are interested in toys and gadget...how about buying Full face mask with communications for the two of you???

If I got the wife what you are proposing for the reason you are stating, you know what I'd get?

:kicknut:

"a solution in search of a problem?"

the best comment in the thread so far (which will now go in my signature line)

(unless we go with the "stalker" inuendo further) :popcorn:

Last edited:
gotta run, time to go check my wifes gas gauge and make sure she has enough to get to work:mooner:

This was the best response from everything in this thread. Thanks for the chuckle.

And to keep on topic, I am all for give you both independent computers and increasing communication and buddy awareness. But then that is just me.

Back
Top Bottom