Only two HP ports????????? two transmitters and one SPG any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shakehead:

Sorry, gotair?, this just seems dumb. Why add another point of failure with a splitter?

Get your wife another Uwatec and just pair it as your Sol's "buddy" xmtr and as her primary xmtr.

I don't mean to be offensive, but it sure seems awfully controlling of you. If it was a child, I could understand, but an adult? Seriously? :shakehead:

I am not really into having another failure point, which is one of the reasons I started the post. Just looking for other opinions or ideas. As far as being controlling, lol I don't think I am but others might see it as being controlling. So jax, am I to understand that you never ask your buddy how much air they have?

I am not really into having another failure point, which is one of the reasons I started the post. Just looking for other opinions or ideas. As far as being controlling, lol I don't think I am but others might see it as being controlling. So jax, am I to understand that you never ask your buddy how much air they have?

Of course we do, but we do so in a manner that gets them involved and forced them to at least do that elementary task (checking own SPG) on a regular basis and communicate. It also forces you to also communicate how much air you have to your buddy so it is two way conversation. By you being able to monitor hers but not vice versa, you might be able to always know how much she has left but she won't know yours, hence negatively affecting her SA.

I personally think you are doing her a big disfavor to the point that she might never feel safe enough to dive with anybody else but you.

I have a galileo sol and I would like to put a transmitter on my wifes 1st stage so I can keep an eye on her preasure. I plan on getting her a AI computer sometime this year. I was looking at the mares Icon AI for her. The problem is that if she has a transmitter for her computer and I have a transmitter for my sol in her 1st stage she has now run out of HP ports for a SPG. Any solutions for this problem?

Thank you for your time,
Chris

Why don't you get her the same kind of computer? Then can't you read both? Or just ask her how much pressure she has left. Shouldn't you be able to mentally keep track of how much gas she has left?

Reactions: Jax
Wow!
My wife would probably choke me out if I told her that I wanted to get a wireless AI computer and an extra sensor for her.....so I could monitor Her tank pressure. ;-)

How about getting a wireless fuel tank monitor for the gas gauge on her car?
You never know when you might want to remotely keep track of her fuel level if she happens to drive solo. You could get updates on your smart phone :)
(just kidding.)

-Mitch

So jax, am I to understand that you never ask your buddy how much air they have?
It's my buddy's responsibility to ensure that he/she has enough gas for us to complete the dive as planned. I have the same responsibility. If something changes, we'll let each other know.

-B

I thought I was just utilizing a feature on my computer called "Buddy Check" RT I don't recall posting anything about my wife not being able to take care of herself or depending on me to check her air for her. And in my second post I stated that we communicate very well underwater. I know the easiest thing to do would be to get her the same computer. Maybe I just wanted to get her a different model computer so I have an excuse to buy a different toy. I think I will just eliminate the regs all together and just put the tank valve in my mouth and stay at 5ft depth.

Thanks for your time
gotta run, time to go check my wifes gas gauge and make sure she has enough to get to work:mooner:

I thought I was just utilizing a feature on my computer called "Buddy Check"

Right, you're changing your dive configuration and practices because your computer has a "feature." See why some of us think that equipment like this is "a solution in search of a problem?"

Sorry to bug you about this, please understand it's nothing personal at all. I'm sure you and your wife are excellent divers and probably have an excellent marriage....It's just that this a perfect example of recreational dive gear gone way out proportion to what's needed or even IMO appropriate for most recreational divers.

Right, you're changing your dive configuration and practices because your computer has a "feature." See why some of us think that equipment like this is "a solution in search of a problem?"

Sorry to bug you about this, please understand it's nothing personal at all. I'm sure you and your wife are excellent divers and probably have an excellent marriage....It's just that this a perfect example of recreational dive gear gone way out proportion to what's needed or even IMO appropriate for most recreational divers.

I have the Sol, and I frankly would prefer a 4th tank monitor for me rather than a buddy transmitter. At first, I thought it might be good for a child, but as someone said earlier, I can mentally keep track of where the other should be, after a first couple of gas checks. It is more important that the minor diver become practiced in monitoring their own gas. . . IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom