Only two HP ports????????? two transmitters and one SPG any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotair?

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a galileo sol and I would like to put a transmitter on my wifes 1st stage so I can keep an eye on her preasure. I plan on getting her a AI computer sometime this year. I was looking at the mares Icon AI for her. The problem is that if she has a transmitter for her computer and I have a transmitter for my sol in her 1st stage she has now run out of HP ports for a SPG. Any solutions for this problem?

Thank you for your time,
Chris

This is funny....you will have two AI wireless computers monitoring her tank and you STILL think you need a SPG? That doesn't say much for your confidence in the $1500 recreational computer you have or the (presumably) less-expensive-but-still-hundreds-of-dollars one you intend to buy.

You can probably find a splitter, maybe start with a 6" HP hose, put the splitter on it, then both transmitters. But honestly why don't you just learn to communicate pressures with sign language, there are a few common systems. That's what divers have been doing for decades.

And don't they say that the foundation for any good relationship is communication? :wink:

We have great communication (underwater anyways). I guess I'm just a back up junky. And I like buying new toys :)

I thought I had read that some AI wrist computers could show pressures from more than one transmitter, but I'm not sure. If that is the case though, then if you both have the same brand of computer, you could each monitor the other's pressure - in addition to your own - without needing an additional HP port.

(I'm a Luddite with an SPG and hand signals, but I thought my usual buddy's Oceanic Atom instructions might have said it could monitor more than one transmitter (?)

Edited to add: I had to go look, of course :) From what I can see the Galileo Sol can monitor up to four tanks, so if your buddy also had a Sol it sounds like you would be set, and that way she could also monitor your air pressure so things would be reciprocal.

The Galileo Sol is a wrist mounted computer that is capable of monitoring up to four tanks using Smart transmitters.

Gotair...not quite sure why you want to do that. Is she a qualified diver? If so, she should be able to monitor her her own gas pressure. If not, buy her a system that do not require a transmitter and then use one of her port (?????) for your second transmitter.

Yes, the sol monitors up to 4 transmitters. I love the sol but I also what another opinion while under the water. I was thinking of the second opinion coming from the Mares Icon HD. Kind of like when most people get an AI computer I'm sure the first thing they do underwater with it for the first time is compare the PSI on the computer to their SPG. I like the idea of my wife having the AI computer and having the SPG as a back up. I also like the idea of being able to check her air while swimming next to her without grabbing her SPG or having to stop her and ask her PSI. Getting her the sol would be much easier and use less transmitters but I am still on the fence about us both having the same computer.

RT,
I would say she is very comfortable in the water and she can most certainly monitor her own gas, but as her Buddy I like to keep an eye on her gas as well. As far as a hosed AI computer that would be a possible solution, but she is what I would consider a "closet gear junky" and I know she has been eye balling my wireless sol. At the same time I really like to have an analog back up for both of us.

:shakehead:

Sorry, gotair?, this just seems dumb. Why add another point of failure with a splitter?

Get your wife another Uwatec and just pair it as your Sol's "buddy" xmtr and as her primary xmtr.

I don't mean to be offensive, but it sure seems awfully controlling of you. If it was a child, I could understand, but an adult? Seriously? :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom