Only ONE tank...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NamTinker

Reaction score
If you could buy only ONE tank for use - obviously that excludes the technical dives, what would it be?
Your choice can be from outside North America, any manufacturer, any pressure. A large number of divers never switch to twins, so it would be interesting to know what you guys/gals would use. I mention "outside" North America simply because working pressures that have been common in Europe, are not that common over here - for example the 232 bar (+-3400psi) that is available now.

PST E7-100. Killer single tank.. light enough to be comfortable, plenty of gas, good size. I own a pair of 130s, but I bought those instead of 100s with the intent of doubling them up in the future.

well... i personally have been looking to buying a pair of
E7 100's that i can use as doubles.

the E8 130's are 10 lbs heavier, which means 20 lbs more on my back with a set
of doubles. since my recent accident and fracture of the L1 vertebrae, this is
a serious consideration for me.

but if i were buying tanks to use as singles, I'd do like DocIntrepid said and
get two E8 130's. but i don't really need to do that. i can rent single tanks
when i need them.

also, it's about $150.00 cheaper to buy two 100's than two 130's

E8-130's hands down.

Mitten Diver

Seems like E8-130 is popular on this board, but I'd hate to be hauling that 43 pound monster through heavy surf.

E7-100 at 33 pounds, 1 pound negative empty, looks pretty good to me. Lots more air than I normally use, and not a back breaker.

Charlie Allen

A steel 72. N

Back
Top Bottom