OnlineScubaLessons.com is a SCAM!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simply put, if it doesnt have PADI on it, it's a waste of time.
Statements like that challenge the ability for anything else said in the same post to taken seriously.

I have appreciation for Padi, as I do the other two agencies who have issued me C-cards.

simply put, if it doesnt have PADI on it, it's a waste of time.....

That's a pretty narrow view. There are many venerable agencies that are extremely credible and do a great job at putting together online and traditional courses.

While I have a great respect and teach PADI courses, NAUI, SDI/TDI/ERDI, SSI, IANTD, PSAI, PDIC, and many others have very reputable legacies and programs.

:hijack:

Following this thread is becoming difficult and way off OP.
In any event, this sounds like a classic case of Caveat Emptor.

I admit to following a tangent (and extending it a bit). I even admitted it as I headed down that road.

Oh.. I just thought there was 2, PADI and that other one which I couldnt remember.

I've been out of the scuba thing for 13 years :)

Oh.. I just thought there was 2, PADI and that other one which I couldnt remember.

I've been out of the scuba thing for 13 years :)
13 years?! :11: You are in for some treats.

I don't see how that relates to Thalassamania, Dandydon or me.

Walter, Thal, and Dandy.... You should take this as a compliment. If they had consulted you at the beginning.... Who knows what greatness might become of the idea of online study course that might have met the guideline and accepted by major agencies.

Or they might have started a whole new system of learning.... But, again ... It is too late for them to gain respectability once they already have falsely advertised their affiliations.

:hijack:

Following this thread is becoming difficult and way off OP.
In any event, this sounds like a classic case of Caveat Emptor.

My apologies. We got off on a rabbit trail. :focus:

On-line can be a great place to find tons of good information about almost any subject, including diving. I know I'm learning a lot already just hanging around on these boards, and then heading off to look into things I read about in here. That said, though, I don't think I would go for online training unless "classroom" training was not available in my area. I'm the type that, if something doesn't seem clear to me, I want to be able to ask the instructor to clarify. I'd rather get my confusion taken care of BEFORE I get in the water.

This has been a test of the Emergency Topic Drifting System. In the event of a real topic drift, this topic would be halfway around the world by now. We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant about Onlinescubalessons.com.

askdjasd:

I've been out of the scuba thing for 13 years

PADI wasn't even one of the first two. LA County, YMCA, BSAC, CMAS, NAUI and probably some others that aren't coming to mind have all been around longer than PADI. There are literally dozens of agencies, most of which have been around more than 13 years.

askdjasd:
Yeah.. I know.. When I'm doing my e-learning.. they talked about dive computers. I seriously made brown in my pants.

Not only were dive computers around 13 years ago (I started using them 22 years ago), by then they were common.

Back
Top Bottom