Onlinescubalessons/Aquatrophics/SDA/David Holt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did not do that and have not seen a refund. He's still telling the bbb that he will refund us.

And why exactly do you care about the BBB?

If you want you money back, you need to call your credit card company or a lawyer.

flots.

And why exactly do you care about the BBB?

If you want you money back, you need to call your credit card company or a lawyer.

flots.
Yep, I do not think the BBB will help at all.

Did not do that and have not seen a refund. He's still telling the bbb that he will refund us.

As others have said, the BBB is pretty much worthless in a situation like this. They have no legal authority to do anything. The only thing that it can do is give a rating to a business. The primary way to get a good rating is to become a member and pay your dues. But let's say he does not pay BBB dues and is thus subject to getting a bad rating--so what? How many people check with the BBB before getting dive training? Did you?

I know i didn't -- but I had heard of PADI, SSI, NAUI and checked out who was in my area, prices, etc.

I would file a police report if you haven't already since it is fraud. you should be able to do it at your local PD. they wont do anything... but you'll have a police report on file which will help build any cases against him and the credit card company likes em

Just to clarify for everyone, we are trying to sort this out with our credit card company. I had contacted the BBB when this first went down, mostly out of frustration and wanting to make sure that they have a record of Aquastrophics and David Holt. What BBB did do actually, is forward my complaint to Aquastrophics and Mr Holt and he actually replied to them saying that he would give us a refund. I have this email from the BBB. I know that doesn't mean much but what it does do is give me some documented evidence that he is aware of my complaint and that he said he would refund us. This correspondence trail can be used if I ever did need to take legal action.

Back
Top Bottom