Online scuba stores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$69 isn't robbery if it's for the first stage, second stage, and octo. ST is a little better but $69 is certainly not at the high end of the range out there.

A long time ago, before I knew of ST, I ordered a octo off Ebay from Joe Diver. Excellent price. I was going on a trip a week or so later and emailed immediately to see if I could get expedited shipping if I paid for it. Got a reply, sure, add $10 for Priority shipping. So I did. Next day got email from paypal that $10 had been refunded so I emailed JD and asked why the refund, was my item still being expedited. Got a simple reply, sorry no changes to ebay orders. I decided to find out more about this company (this was my first online order and I wasn't even sure I would get what I ordered) and at the time trying to find out a physical location was impossible. I heard theories that it was a S Florida dive shop trying to be nameless to avoid trouble with their mfgrs. Or that it was some guy drop shipping or getting stuff at key man and selling on the side. I ended up getting my octo and it was new and worked great but I sweated it for a week. Just had the feel of working with a shady company. I don't like it when companies just give you a PO Box and otherwise try to be hard to reach.

Back
Top Bottom