Online Reguator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In many areas $15.00 for Nitrox is not really out of line. Why don't you get a price from your shop you might be pleasantly surprised.

I don't get what his problem is at all.

Looking for recommendations to mail these regulators out somewhere to get their annual rebuild. Thanks.

What makes you believe they need their annual rebuild? This is not a trick question.

What makes you believe they need their annual rebuild? This is not a trick question.

Well, it depends upon the user; but the photo below illustrates the condition of an internal o-ring, from a regulator supposedly used within the last year or so. I hadn't ever seen so extreme example of salt encrustation, actually cutting through an o-ring, and fully embedded . . .

Attachments

• IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 113
Good point. Even following manufacturer recommendations, both Mares and Aqualung are now bi-annual overhaul alternated with bi-annual inspection, assuming they do not see heavy use. If they were overhauled last year, they are only due for an inspection. Which makes the shipping portion of your price shopping math even more relevant.

Yeah cleaning and storage is most important

Dude those older bad formula urethane Orings crack by themselves with no intervention
Nitrile buna has a life span of eight years in an engine bay, FKM even more at 250f ish

Remember the old clear silicone masks that discoloured and hardened, well not like that

quality Orings in a regulator with salt and crud last longer than most divers

I have 50yr old unserviced ex NIB regs that test and dive 100%

Take a photo in situ next time, no hollywood

Sometimes I just put myself in the position of a tank O ring imagining
50 bar pst tsss, 300bar tsss pst, 100bar nnn, 270bar arghttnnpissmm
contracting and expanding

must be like pumping iron and guzzling steroids at the same time

Well, it depends upon the user; but the photo below illustrates the condition of an internal o-ring, from a regulator supposedly used within the last year or so. I hadn't ever seen so extreme example of salt encrustation, actually cutting through an o-ring, and fully embedded . . .
Is that from your friend’s eBay Poseidon purchase on another thread, or something else in much better overall condition?

Is that from your friend’s eBay Poseidon purchase on another thread, or something else in much better overall condition?

Yes, it was from ny friend's purchase. The o-rings were so bad they many of them were quite sticky and could not be removed in one piece . . .

Yeah cleaning and storage is most important

Dude those older bad formula urethane Orings crack by themselves with no intervention
Nitrile buna has a life span of eight years in an engine bay, FKM even more at 250f

Take a photo in situ next time, no hollywood

I don't know what you mean by "Hollywood" but the o-ring was from the interior of the LP valve of the Jetstream second stage; and there was no way to take an in situ shot, since it was set a couple of centimeters within a narrow tube, well beyond that scope's depth of field. That it had salt within the valve, and embedded -- blooming -- within an o-ring, was among the strangest things I had seen in a while . . .

Oh, what the hell....

I hear these guys do a GREAT JOB! :wink:

Services

Can you guarantee their service to be great????

:)

Back
Top Bottom