Online nitrox repetitive dive practice problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a website which has practice problems for working out repetitive nitrox dives using the tables? I'm currently working through the PADI nitrox book and would really like some more problems for practice. My search of the web has come up empty.

Just make up your own and see if they can be done. It's good planning practice regardless.
Day one
70' for :35 on 32% 1:12 SI 60' :80 on 36%
Day two
80' for :40 on 32% :40 SI 70' :55 32%
I have no idea if these will work. Just made them up on the fly. You tell us.

Does anyone know of a website which has practice problems for working out repetitive nitrox dives using the tables? I'm currently working through the PADI nitrox book and would really like some more problems for practice. My search of the web has come up empty.

I took the cert test last night. Make sure you are comfortable with the procedure of how to figure the dives. I just kept changing the depths/SI slightly, usually by 10ft /10 minutes both ways, until I was satisfied I could do the planning or logging.

Isn't the methodology the same between PADI's RDP for Air and for Nitrox?

You may have more luck finding sample questions for Air. Either way, since you are doing the same thing (slide your finger down and over, flip over, find a number, whatever) it will stand as relevant practice.

Isn't the methodology the same between PADI's RDP for Air and for Nitrox?

You may have more luck finding sample questions for Air. Either way, since you are doing the same thing (slide your finger down and over, flip over, find a number, whatever) it will stand as relevant practice.

The methodology is the same, but you have the added adventure of MOD's and PO2 %, which he can do with the RDP and formulas, or use the EAD tables.

In my regular OW and nitrox classes I had always taught this through giving students repeated problems, as you are doing now. A while back I had an experience that has somewhat shifted my approach, and you might benefit from that experience.

I had an OW dive student who was really struggling to learn the tables. So I told him I was appointing him the Dive Master for our group, and it was his responsibility to plan a three dive day for our group. I told him the maximum depth for the site, and asked him how deep the first dive would be and how long we would be there. He had to make a reasonable decision that did not max us out and require too big a surface interval. I then asked him how long we should stay out of the water before the next dive, and so on. By the time we were done, he had the tables nailed.

I now do something like that at least once in all my classes.

You can do that on your own, throwing in some nitrox twists. For example, you can change percentages on every dive.

You will not only learn the stuff, you will use the knowledge in a more real-world way.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll make up some of my own. If they work, fine. If not, I still have to go thru the steps to find out. Either way, it's morfe practice. Thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom