Online Nitrox Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oz, my wife is taking the SDI online computer nitrox course for the exact same reason yours is I did not want her breathing air while I am breathing nitrox and screw up my diving when we go to Belize next month. When she finishes the course she will go to the shop review any questions she has missed and then test a couple of tanks and issue her permanent card right then and there. She apparently thought I was going to take the tests for her ( snicker ) but she got over that and is now actually learning it for herself and doing just fine.

.....BTW...I just recently took my NAUI Nitrox exam and thanks to DiveNav's on-line Pre-Nitox class ....... did well on the test. Thanks for a great product DiveNav
Thank you for taking our Introduction to Nitrox class. And thell your friends about it!

...... (A whopping $5.00) ....
Actually ... the price is $4.99 :cool2:
And during the month of March we have our March Madness Specials and the Intro to Nitrox class is even MORE whopping ...... at $1.99:wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I suggest checking with the liveaboard you are going on and see if they can complete the dives, a sort of referral situation. I don't know if this is done. (If the liveaboard doesn't do SSI the details might be tricky, as a friend discovered when they did OW classroom with SSI then did checkout dives with a PADI shop.)

Or see what the liveaboard offers for a Nitrox course, even though you'd be paying/repeating stuff. Many liveaboards want to encourage use of Nitrox and offer pretty good deals on this.

Try to find a physical address for them anywhere on their website.

Sorry I am responding to this so late.

I investigated SDA pretty thoroughly a couple of years ago. I did find an address for them--it is a vacant lot. The entire agency is pretty much one guy, and his practices are as deceptive as Jim said. I talked with him on the phone, pretending to be a non-diver interested in instruction. He said that all agencies, including PADI, accept his online academics, which is flatly not true. He said I could also come to Arizona and get the full certification through SDA--an agency that consists of him alone and that vacant lot. He used to be a NAUI instructor, but NAUI expelled him years ago, a fact you can confirm on the NAUI web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom