SSI Enriched Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello.
I am wondering what and how long it would take to get SSI Enriched Nitrox certified when you already have Science of Diving. I think that you can do it all online for EAN32 (theory+exam) but what about EAN40? In addition to the analyzer session, are there some mandatory dives? I will be spending a few days in Thailand next month and consider doing it there if it does not spoil my diving plans.

For ean40 you need to compete the second final exam of the Ean e-learning as well as the first one. Also while science of diving does cover a lot of the theory it does not cross over. Then all the relevant analysing, marking tanks and setting computers in person. I don't believe you have to do dives in thailand

Thanks. Do you think that the on-site part of it can be done the same day?

You could combine it with your planned drysuit specialty, should not take much more effort.

You could combine it with your planned drysuit specialty, should not take much more effort.
I am not sure that they would do dry suit in Thailand with water temperature > 29 degrees.

Hello.
I am wondering what and how long it would take to get SSI Enriched Nitrox certified when you already have Science of Diving. I think that you can do it all online for EAN32 (theory+exam) but what about EAN40? In addition to the analyzer session, are there some mandatory dives? I will be spending a few days in Thailand next month and consider doing it there if it does not spoil my diving plans.

There are no mandatory dives, other than the online part, you do need to do a portion in the classroom, which is basically a review of the online material, and learning how to use an analyzer. You can do it pretty expediently though.

I am not sure that they would do dry suit in Thailand with water temperature > 29 degrees.
I was referring to your other post regarding drysuit...but true, 29 degrees would be much better enjoyed in the wetsuit. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom