Online Nitrox Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But what agency was your card issued through and who did you do your analysis of tanks with? SDA and their misleading practices has been the subject of a number of threads. They list referral instructors who have never heard of them. They lie outright when they say that all agencies will accept their coursework and referrals. I would not accept any type of training from them as valid and meeting standards.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I did mine through Scuba Divers of America - SDA Scuba Certification Agency which was totally online and quite satisfactory.

Hatul,

That is precisely the "agency" I was trying to warn the OP against.

Questions:

Satisfactory to whom, and in what way?

Has your card been accepted by others? By whom and in what circumstances?

I'm not trying to harass you, - I'd really like to know.

thanks,

k

The card was issued by SDA, it was based on reading assignments and quizes, and some ID and photo requirements. No there was no referral to teach how to use an oxygen analyzer, but my Analox comes with pretty clear instructions, and you can always ask someone to help you or to compare with other readings initially. Your reading should come pretty close to what you're buying.

I thought the cognitive materials were fine and they store easily on your computer for reference. Even came with reference tables.

The big advantage of doing this online is you can do it on your own time which is a huge convenience.

The OP is in Australia so that maybe a factor. PADI is worldwide but they have stumbled across an OP that requires dives likely as they pocket more $$$. So now they are stuck doing a couple of dives which is not horrible, but maybe a logistics issue. You should always do you homework beforehand as getting facts after you pay is ass wardback! :D

......it was based on reading assignments and quizes, and some ID and photo requirements. No there was no referral to teach how to use an oxygen analyzer, ......
Let me understand .... are you saying that nowhere in the class there was a requirement to ensure that the student has the ability to analyze EAN and plan dives using EAN.....?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

The card was issued by SDA....
Have you used this card? Here in US? Somewhere else?
Did you get any specific reaction?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

That's correct. It is a sham course and they are a sham outfit.
I don't know them .... so I can't judge this.
Nor I have taken their nitrox class so I can't judge on the quality and effectiveness of their material.

What I know is:
a) I could not find on their website any reference to recognized standards. More specifically, they do not claim to be complaint with any.
b) we have a member here (Hatul) that took their class and was happy with it.

What I would like to find out is: .... are their cards accepted by "Nitrox providers"

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Alberto, read some of their OW stuff. NO AGENCY accepts their stuff but they state that the student can go to any instructor and use the referral they give. Read their FAQ's to see the kind of bull they are throwing around. I personally called a few of the shops they list. None had ever heard of them. This is a statement from 2006 that the RSTC released regarding operations like this.

WRSTC News

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom