Online Master Diver Quiz

Good or Bad Quiz

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

22 - the logic of "not liberal enough" is reversed. 2:1 is TOO liberal. 1.6:1 is less liberal.

22 - the logic of "not liberal enough" is reversed. 2:1 is TOO liberal. 1.6:1 is less liberal.

Fixed, also ditched the regulator question, too many people having issues with it, no problem. Also I will accept any questions you guys think should be added, different backgrounds, different questions! Post or PM your question and answer! :confused:

Maybe some divetable questions with 5 or 6 dives in a row :14:

Maybe some divetable questions with 5 or 6 dives in a row :14:

If you put up a question like that, you need to at least have an answer of "Crap, I don't remember this"

There are some repetitive dive questions in the written exam ... but the scenarios only involve three dives.

For the most part, I think that's plenty ... it demonstrates that you get the concepts.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Question 8: "Trimix consists of what?"

The question and answers are broken. If you want the right answer to be "2 Inert Gases and Oxygen" (by the way, spell out "two"), do not include the also-correct answer "Nitrogen, Helium, and Oxygen". There should only be one correct answer to each question, but this question has two correct answers. Additionally, if you accept any two inert gases in your definiton of trimix (as the answer key states), "Nitrogen, Argon, and Oxygen" would *also* count as a correct answer (although who would want to dive that? ).

I'm not a master diver, but I am a chemist. Yes, trimix is a mixture of three gasses. But if the answer is "two inert gases and oxygen", CHEMICALLY the answer "nitrogen, helium and oxygen" is not a correct answer. Nitrogen is not an inert gas (Group 18 on the periodic chart). Nitrogen, though not an oxidizer, is chemically active. The same logic goes for "nitrogen, argon, and oxygen". The only way the first answer could be correct would be if it were two truly inert gasses, for example, "argon, helium, and oxygen." Therefore, this question does not, in fact, have two correct answers (IF, as I understand, the answer should be "nitrogen, helium, and oxygen".)

Hmmm,
I thought of that but I didn't put a question like that in, because I was trying to keep it Cert Agency neutral (didn't do a very good job), no telling what tables they will be using...

Question 8: "Trimix consists of what?"

The question and answers are broken. If you want the right answer to be "2 Inert Gases and Oxygen" (by the way, spell out "two"), do not include the also-correct answer "Nitrogen, Helium, and Oxygen". There should only be one correct answer to each question, but this question has two correct answers. Additionally, if you accept any two inert gases in your definiton of trimix (as the answer key states), "Nitrogen, Argon, and Oxygen" would *also* count as a correct answer (although who would want to dive that? ).

I'm not a master diver, but I am a chemist. Yes, trimix is a mixture of three gasses. But if the answer is "two inert gases and oxygen", CHEMICALLY the answer "nitrogen, helium and oxygen" is not a correct answer. Nitrogen is not an inert gas (Group 18 on the periodic chart). Nitrogen, though not an oxidizer, is chemically active. The same logic goes for "nitrogen, argon, and oxygen". The only way the first answer could be correct would be if it were two truly inert gasses, for example, "argon, helium, and oxygen." Therefore, this question does not, in fact, have two correct answers (IF, as I understand, the answer should be "nitrogen, helium, and oxygen".)

Wow,
I honestly didn't go that deep into it...for the average diver, that is above and beyond, I have since changed the questions. Makes me feel safe to know people like you are out there though...seriously! :D

I believe that in the context of the question, nitrogen is considered metabolically inert, which is true enough. I wasn't going to get into chemistry, as I know *far* too much to get started on that one. :D

I'm a new diver, just certified in Sept 2007. I know nothing about Dive Master and the course. I took the test. Scored 50%. I realized I failed but for a new open water diver taking a higher level test without benefit of higher level instruction and/or training, I thought I did at least ok.
I thought it was a good test. Gave me the opportunity to learn something I didn't already know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom