Online Master Diver Quiz

Good or Bad Quiz

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question 2) should refer to Carbonic Acid not Carbon Acid.
Question 29) should refer to the partial pressure blending process not the partial blending process.
Question 33) should use the word "quickly" rather than "quick".

Question 2) should refer to Carbonic Acid not Carbon Acid.
Question 29) should refer to the partial pressure blending process not the partial blending process.
Question 33) should use the word "quickly" rather than "quick".

Thanks ya much! FIXED!

While working on the website for the shop I work for, I saw the SCUBA quiz thread and decided I would integrate something like that into our website, in this case though its a Master Diver quiz, 37 questions I think. Let me know what you guys think. Give me any and all input, bad questions, bad spelling, etc!

Sound Dive Center, Bremerton WA - Puget Sound's Premiere Dive Center -> Training -> Online Quizzes -> Master Diver

The answer to the following is not completely accurate from a NAUI perspective:

When a problem presents itself, what is the most reasonable way to respond?

Stop, Think Act.

In all my NAUI training it has always been

Stop, Breath, Think and then Act.

I have never seen anything relative to your inflatable boat question within the NAUI Master Scuba Diver course materials.

I also don't remember the term "Gas Tension" ever being specifically mentioned within the NAUI Master Diver text. I will double-check to make sure I am correct.

Question 35 about the rescue is very vague.

The question inplies that you are still trying to get to shore. I would certainly never take off my BC during a resuce before getting to shore. Thus I contend that my answer of BC is correct.

I don't know how you came up with the answer of fins unless it is a bug in the quiz.

Hmmm,
I thought of that but I didn't put a question like that in, because I was trying to keep it Cert Agency neutral (didn't do a very good job), no telling what tables they will be using...

If you were trying to keep the certification agency neutral it dilutes the value of the quiz.

If the person is studying for the NAUI Master Scuba Diver certificating the quiz should be geared to what NAUI feels is important.

If the person is studying for the Master Diver Exam for some other agency (PADI doesn't have one) it should be geared to that agency.

I agree with Thalassamania that there should be closer to 100 questions.

I got 96 % when I took the NAUI Master Diver exam this past summer. I still passed yours but got the questions I mentioned in my other post (which I felt were incorrect or irrelevant) wrong along with one question I just screwed up.

Question 21... "separated" is spelled wrong. Not that it is a huge deal, but you spell it as "seperated". :p

Nice quiz though.

The answer to the following is not completely accurate from a NAUI perspective:

When a problem presents itself, what is the most reasonable way to respond?

Stop, Think Act.

In all my NAUI training it has always been

Stop, Breath, Think and then Act.

I have never seen anything relative to your inflatable boat question within the NAUI Master Scuba Diver course materials.

I also don't remember the term "Gas Tension" ever being specifically mentioned within the NAUI Master Diver text. I will double-check to make sure I am correct.

Question 35 about the rescue is very vague.

The question inplies that you are still trying to get to shore. I would certainly never take off my BC during a resuce before getting to shore. Thus I contend that my answer of BC is correct.

I don't know how you came up with the answer of fins unless it is a bug in the quiz.

If you haven't seen anything about inflatables or gas tension in your NAUI master diver book I highly recommend you read it again.

If you haven't seen anything about inflatables or gas tension in your NAUI master diver book I highly recommend you read it again.

Are you using the term "Gas Tension" to mean solubility? If so, I feel solubility is the term more frequently used.

I will go back and look.
There certainly wasn't anything relative to inflatables.

I just checked. I guess we will have to agree to a draw on this one.

NAUI did have the sentence you mentioned. NAUI also indicates that it is NOT used as part of the basis to creating the exams. This is indicated by virtue of the book icon versus the pencil icon.

The only inflatable item NAUI includes as the basis of the exam is that inflatables must fly a dive flag.

I guess it comes down to intent. Is your objective to cover every small detail in the book or to focus on the material that NAUI purposely indicates makes up the basis for the exam.

Are you using the term "Gas Tension" to mean solubility? If so, I feel solubility is the term more frequently used.

I will go back and look.

NAUI did have the sentence you mentioned. NAUI also indicates that it is NOT used as part of the basis to creating the exams. This is indicated by virtue of the book icon versus the pencil icon.

The only inflatable item NAUI includes as the basis of the exam is that inflatables must fly a dive flag.

I guess it comes down to intent. Is your objective to cover every small detail in the book or to focus on the material that NAUI purposely indicates makes up the basis for the exam.

In any article I've read regarding decompression Gas Tension is used in the place of partial pressure. If you are talking about the partial pressure pressure of nitrogen once it's in solution it's referred to as Gas Tension. That's my understanding anyway.

I will go back and look.

Inflatables are talking about in the boating chapter, I believe on the first or second page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom