Online Dive Stores?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first suggestion would be Scubatoys.com they will match any other prices you find and they have great customer service (if you call in an order before the 24th and tell Larry you're from ScubaBoard, you will get a 10% discount).

If you need something scubatoys CAN'T get for you you can check out Leisurepro.com

if you do a search here in the forums you can get lots of opinions on these two places as well as online ordering in general.

AMYJ posts the final answer! Hee~~~Ya

I generally check the prices at www.leisurepro.com and www.scubatoys.com, but usually wind up buying from my local dive shop, Hollywood Divers (www.hollywoodivers.com), if they can come pretty close. Over all, they have made up for any price differences in other ways.

I'm specifically avoiding the whole argument that revolves around supporting an LDS vs buying online. If you do a search on the board you will find these arguments. I do think that they are worth a read. Then you will make the decision that is right for you.

Hope this helps.

By the way, how did your dive at vet's park go? Did you feel that you got everything pretty well dialled in (major adjustments) with your new equipment?

Christian

The dive went MUCH better. I got a few more weights and then had to just give myself a little push to get down, but when I was down I actually stayed down this time. :)

What is LDS?

mikenytola:
I want to purchase a good knife and some lights. Any suggestions at some good cheap dive sites to buy things from?

This month's Scuba Diving magazine has a bunch of knife reviews. My suggestion is to go down to Sports Chalet and buy a little McNett knife for about $19, or something similar. I have a nice $65 leg mount knife that sits in the garage or my dive kit, but I don't need or miss it for diving. If you plan on using your knife a lot for opening urchins or whatever, plan on eventually loosing it. You might as well loose a cheap knife.

I just called Larry to order a replacement seal for my drysuit. He called the suit manufacturer and had me a price within an hour of my call. He even honored the free shipping and pre Christmas discount.

Dennis

I didn't get a chance to call Larry yesterday, and I think the store is closed today because no answer... bummer. I'm probably still going to get it from scubatoys even though I missed the discount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom