Compressor vs amplifier/booster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenter23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up a bunch of gear and trying to get info on what would be most useful for shallow rec diving 20' or less. I have a 5hp Bristol mil-surplus compressor, a new Rix Microboost Oxygen cleaned with 0.1hours on meter(I purchased as new old surplus and had to test to make sure unit still worked from being stored), multiple Haskell and similar units some used some new and 3 Haskell type unit purchased as mil surplus but they are giant 5' long and 150-200lbs forget brand but not haskel. I also had a Unicus 3 with 100hours on it but it was far too expensive and nice to justify using for my personal use. I'm a full time pharmacist with a side buisness buying, repairing and selling pumps on the side. I have 30+ years of experience rebuilding pumps so I don't get a lot of time off and I want something that is okay sitting for long periods between uses. Some years the only diving I get accomplished is vacuuming my pool and diving in my father in-laws lagoon. Thank you for any guidance. I do own 20+ tanks

If you factor in the cost of initial setup and then regular maintenance on a compressor and/or booster, it might make more sense to just pay a dive shop to fill your tanks for the amount of diving you will be doing.

I will be also using for non diving purposes

Back
Top Bottom