online diagram of a regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cliffdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone lead me to a link to a diagram of a reg? Specifically the innards and what does what, of course. I know what the outside of one looks like :silly:

Yes, I'm a newbie-novice and would like to have some clue as to what the heck you're all saying when you throw out terms like "poppet" and "venturi and cracking resistance controls" and whatnot and all that. I've given the archives a shot but gave up after a little while of searching in vain. (It may be in there, I've just not seen it yet.)

Also yes, I'll get myself a good book, perhaps "Regulators for Dummies," to get a more thorough education... if you're willing to suggest the right book for this subject in particular too, that'd be great. (I have gotten good diving reading suggestions through searches.)

cliffdiver:
Can anyone lead me to a link to a diagram of a reg? Specifically the innards and what does what, of course. I know what the outside of one looks like :silly:

Yes, I'm a newbie-novice and would like to have some clue as to what the heck you're all saying when you throw out terms like "poppet" and "venturi and cracking resistance controls" and whatnot and all that. I've given the archives a shot but gave up after a little while of searching in vain. (It may be in there, I've just not seen it yet.)

Also yes, I'll get myself a good book, perhaps "Regulators for Dummies," to get a more thorough education... if you're willing to suggest the right book for this subject in particular too, that'd be great. (I have gotten good diving reading suggestions through searches.)

I would try deepsouthdivers.org. There are several service manuals on the site that offer exactly what you are looking for.

Greg

cliffdiver:

I have a couple. Here:

You're all too darn cool, and scubaboard rocks, as always. I'm going to check all these out and study up. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom