onboard compressor??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info and thanks for finding the pics Dennis. CPT Hook we are actually in the process of interviewing for a CPT / Mate right now - I posted on the "services" board with no success - If you really are interested shoot me your resume.

Thanks

J

I have a gas powered Coltri Sub MCH 6 on my 46' sailboat. it is a pretty good unit and is sold in the USA as a Max Air 35. A 75' boat will more than likely have a generator big enough to handle an electric motor driven unit-that is a lot more convienient to deal with than a gas or diesel driven unit and can be mounted below decks without having to be hauled out on deck when you want to use it.
Jim

There is a real cool setup for the MCH6 cabinet in that they now make them in Stainless Steel. I just supplied one for a guy that is mounting it on his deck and made a cushion to fit teh top so it doubles as a bench seat. I have a picture of a gas one at:
http://www.coltri-usa.com/portables/mch6c_ss.jpg
but of course you wil want to go electric is you have enough power.

For 110/115 VAC you will need a 30 amp curcuit and you will only get 2.8 CFM out of it. If you have 220/230 VAC available you will only need about a 14 amp curcuit to power it but you wil get the full 3.5 CFM from it.

That little beast ain't cheap! It runs $3540 but the stainless makes it worth the extra bucks.

Ray we would be installing it in a rear storage section on the boat. What are the dimentions of this unit?

cheers

J

Scuba-Jay:
Ray we would be installing it in a rear storage section on the boat. What are the dimentions of this unit?

cheers

J
They are about 29 inches long, stand about 18 1/2 inches high and are 14 1/2 inches deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom